Notices
Mergers and Acquisitions Facts, rumors, and conjecture

DALPA on DAL/NWA

Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 737 Capt

Well here are my thoughts. it's time for the bickering to end and the work to begin! We are all going to be DALPA at some point and personally I welcome the change in leadership from our current NWA management team. I have a lot of friends at Delta and look forward to working with all of them and everyone else at Delta.

Hopefully the two unions will be able to work out a SLI that all parties feel is fair. I fully understand that virtually everyone on both sides of the fence has a different view on what fair entails. But now that we are all going to be standing on the same side of the fence we need to figure out how to make it work.

I have been at NWA for 13 years and I have enjoyed almost every minute. Personally I am looking forward to the next 12 years wearing a Delta uniform. Now the biggest sticking point I can see is how to have my leather coat altered to be double breasted.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATL717A

Sorry for the duplicate post - won't let me delete.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by NWA320pilot View Post
Well here are my thoughts. it's time for the bickering to end and the work to begin!
Agreed, will enjoy working with people with your attitude.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:19 PM

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
That's the fourth or fifth time I've heard that phrase coined on these boards from a NWA forumite - how you've come to this conclusion so soon, and how the conspiracy theories seemingly are already in full bloom, is beyond me. Your MEC made their intentions clear from the onset that they had no intention to cooperate on a reasonable, rational SLI (that didn't involve a windfall for you, and a stapler for me). Instead, NWALPA picks up the ball and goes home. Now, they've gotten what they've asked for, yet are still being "thrown under the bus".

For the record, we've got you down as the first one who got "screwed in the merger".
Sorry, I am a hypocrite by not following my own advice. I have taken several deep breaths, and will now sit back and watch what happens. I'm glad DALPA got what is hopefully a base contract. I also hope that the two MEC's continue to negotiate a SLI, and come to an agreement. Sometimes it's hard for me to see both sides of the coin.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Sorry, I am a hypocrite by not following my own advice. I have taken several deep breaths, and will now sit back and watch what happens. I'm glad DALPA got what is hopefully a base contract. I also hope that the two MEC's continue to negotiate a SLI, and come to an agreement. Sometimes it's hard for me to see both sides of the coin.
Change is stressful for everyone involved...

I hope both sides get together and settle SLI, then we can go out and kick a$$ together!

Kevin
Old 04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: ATL717A
Smile

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Thanks - completely agree...good luck to us all.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 767-400

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
Looks like NWA ALPA doesn't think its such a great idea:
The Delta pilot leadership also abandoned the joint pilot contract approach and agreed to a new Delta pilot contract that increased the pay and benefits for their pilots only. Any previous value and synergy created by the merger is likely to be lost due to this one-sided agreement.
Had DALPA not work with mngt and made a agreement, the merger would have went forward with NO agreement. NWALPA needs to realize this is not the 20th century anymore. Foot stomping and pouting will get you no where when OIL is $110 a barrel. QUICK ACTION AND CHANGE IS A MUST!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
Sounds like DALALPA is attempting to throw NWA pilots under the bus. This will not be pretty.
The only reason the DALPA had this type of clout was because we bargained for it in our last contract. As we all know when bargaining with management, nothing is free - we had to give up something for this clout management did not just give it to us out of generosity.
NW pilots choose other priorities in their negotiations, one that jumps out is keeping pensions intact. DAL pilots will not receive any benefit from NW pilot negotiated pensions and whatever else you guys decided to prioritize but you guys expect to reap all the benefits of our contract.
You guys said repeatedly you didn't care about a piddly pay raise and a DC increase and that your seniority was not for sale - you got what you asked for - your senority will increase 1 for 1 with each NW pilot retirement, congratulations. And don't feel too bad either - you will soon capture every benefit increase that the DAL MEC had the foresight to plan for while you guys were arguing over blue, red, and green books. As a matter of fact I bet the two MEC will reach an agreement soon - but don't hold your breath for the seniority steal that your MEC tried to pull off.
Scoop
Old 04-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
Looks like my original 19% over 4 years estimate was way to high, now its down to 17%.

What a joke.

Any comments now DAL4EVER?????
You want to know a better joke -whats 3 1/2 per cent of 17 billion.

Scoop
Old 04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Need More Callouts

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Unbridled Enthusiasm

Not for public consumption

Last edited by 757Driver; 04-14-2008 at 07:34 PM.