Go Jet pilots vote Teamsters

Old 02-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: 737 CFI
Default Go Jet pilots vote Teamsters

AIRLINES: GoJet pilots pick union

02/25/2006

Pilots at Bridgeton-based GoJet Airlines voted unanimously to have the Teamsters represent them at the bargaining table, the union said Friday. About 100 pilots voted on Thursday in favor of the Teamsters.

GoJet is the sister airline of Trans States Airlines. Both airlines are owned by Trans States Holdings. GoJet operates 70-seat regional jets and began flying in September under the United Express banner.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 717
Default I think..

that calling an outfit like Blojets a "sister" operation of TSA would imply some form of relationship. I tend to think that a small rat has more of a relationship with a starving cobra in a tank than TSA and Blojets....TSA is a great outfit with fine people...The other is an outfit that has only lowered the already sad bar of regional pilots....
Old 02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: MD80

Laxflier can you explain why Gojet has lowered the bar? How much are Gojet pilots being paid?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: retired EMB-145 CA

GoJet Pilots are douch bags. Ask a pilot at TSA.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:03 PM
ReverseSensing

Originally Posted by AirWillie
Laxflier can you explain why Gojet has lowered the bar? How much are Gojet pilots being paid?
Lowering the bar, in this case, has little to do with pay rates. It has to do with enabling management to circumvent an already established Collective Bargaining Agreement (TSA's).

TSA Holdings did not need a separate seniority list to operate under a separate operating certificate, which is all that was needed to comply with mainline scope.

Airline management is continuing to test the waters of alter-ego operations. First Freedom (which was re-absorbed), now TSA, which may ultimately be re-absorbed. Alter egos are simply a complex and cynical way to attempt to drive down pilot costs (wages).

Old 02-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2005

Originally Posted by Sennaha
GoJet Pilots are douch bags. Ask a pilot at TSA.
Do you really think that a reply like that is the way to gain support for a cause? I'm a Trans States pilot and I don't think Go Jet pilots are d-bags. I think some have made poor decisions and some have made uneducated decisions. Name-calling does not help to educate the latter. So with all do respect, please don't. It takes away credibility from our pilot group and hurts our cause. Thank you.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Calling them silly names doesn't accomplish much, but don't think for a second that the vast majority of them are anything but unethical opportunists. They are harming their fellow pilots at TSA and thoughout the industry and for what? A little short-term selfish gain for themselves.

The original freedom airlines guys (FAGs for short) took upgrades and bigger equipment out of seniority for a number of months until Mesa ALPA was able to get freedom under scope. The fags and every other pilot at Mesa is now living with the contractual sacrifices that were made to get the scope that was necessitated by this handful of deviants. The rest of the regional industry is suffering as numerous companies try to baseline their operations and labor costs to the "Mesa Standard".

None of these people have any excuse, least of all ignorance. During the freedom battle, students from Mesa's PFT program were offered jobs at freedom...even the majority of these 250 hour kids knew enough to NOT take a freedom job, even though they had no other aviation employment prospects. If they knew better, what excuse does an ATP have?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Jungle Jet

I agree with rickair. It's not like gojets is the only company hirring either so its not that they needed that job.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: LR-60, PIC

WOW !!!!! Nobody like GoJets...!!! HMMMM thats why a lot of TSA pilots are overthere....???
Anyway...whose fault is it...TSA managment that screw alot of TSA pilots ?...TSA pilots that so a better opportunity with GoJets..?Or maybe the way the airline industry is now.
So if some of us gets furlough from its current job and have no job offers exept GoJets that makes him a rat or a bad person..Give me a break
I fly for quite few years now and i did not see anyone talking bad about the TWA and AA pilots when they merged and some lost seniorities..?
Guys...all as pilots unfortunately we became pions for money and stockmarket games for big corporations
Just do your jobs and fly
Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
mr2die4

Originally Posted by pilotara
WOW !!!!! Nobody like GoJets...!!! HMMMM thats why a lot of TSA pilots are overthere....???
Anyway...whose fault is it...TSA managment that screw alot of TSA pilots ?...TSA pilots that so a better opportunity with GoJets..?Or maybe the way the airline industry is now.
So if some of us gets furlough from its current job and have no job offers exept GoJets that makes him a rat or a bad person..Give me a break
I fly for quite few years now and i did not see anyone talking bad about the TWA and AA pilots when they merged and some lost seniorities..?
Guys...all as pilots unfortunately we became pions for money and stockmarket games for big corporations
Just do your jobs and fly
Right on brutha.
Now if we can only incorporate that feeling with getting paid enough to live a reasonable life....