Originally Posted by gufusu View Post
Is that you Jay Pierce?
Nah....just echo's of the "former".....Jay Panarello
Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by Myboyblue View Post
No doubt everyone is losing money but last qtr CAL lost 80 compared to UAL's 5??, 5 times the lost. I haven't seen anything in the last 12 weeks to show anything will be different this qtr. I hope my post didn't sound like any ill will toward UAL, I hope the best for everyone. I find it amazing Tilton is still at the helm.
Try almost 7x's that amount....$542 Million vs the $80 Million in the first Q. You think that is bad, how about we revisit these numbers on both sides in the 2 or 3Q....both up coming loses will be staggering I bet....not only with these two companies, but the other legacy carriers as well.

I agree with you. How is it that a "Tilton" stays at the helm?? That I would like to have the answer. This industry seems to be one of the few that only promotes incompetence within. The more you screw up, the higher you get promoted....how is that?? Well, when your on top....ie Mr Glenn Tilton....I guess you would have no where else to rise within! I don't get the logic, let's just keep pumping the CEO with more $$ as he continues to run the airline down hill. With that, who on the board keeps this clown around??

All that I can say is that I hope Larry and his management team do not eat from the same retard sandwich platter.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Capt. B737

Did CAL just get a couple hundred mil from some credit card branding deal?
They floated some stock today too. Lufthansa has been pushing. CAL reiterated today, no merger. Somethings up.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
Did CAL just get a couple hundred mil from some credit card branding deal?
They floated some stock today too. Lufthansa has been pushing. CAL reiterated today, no merger. Somethings up.
Interesting point....missed that intel on most of the "company news" blurbs.....That is a chunk of change.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080612/conti...look.html?.v=2
Old 06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Interesting point....missed that intel on most of the "company news" blurbs.....That is a chunk of change.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080612/conti...look.html?.v=2
Just enough to cover the management bonuses is all. We won't see a penny of that. Not this whimpy pilot group. If anyone out there thinks this pilot group will force management to do anything think again. Too many lovers of airplanes that will do anything just to say they are pilots and too many scabs or pilots that think like scabs.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
Just enough to cover the management bonuses is all. We won't see a penny of that. Not this whimpy pilot group. If anyone out there thinks this pilot group will force management to do anything think again. Too many lovers of airplanes that will do anything just to say they are pilots and too many scabs or pilots that think like scabs.
Things are changing for the better in the LEC 170! If you're based in EWR be at the next meeting on the 26th.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Need More Callouts

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Unbridled Enthusiasm

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
Sad but very true. We have a vocal minority who is ignored by our MEC/LEC and until the so called killer B's truly outnumber the scabs and sympathizers, we'll go nowhere.