IM
We DO agree on that IM.

Carl
Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
Why are you so quick to give your MEC the FINGER after they UNANIMOUSLY ratified this TA because its the best we can do right now. You guys stood behind the MEC all the way through LOA 19 and now suddenly turn your backs on them This Speaks volumes about you NO voters who now are flipping off your Representatives!! This will get voted in because the vast majority of pilots are educated enough to know that we dont have anymore negotiating power with the economy the way it is, even YOUR MEC knows it. They have all the FACTs you DONT.
Ok so why does the MEC not give you guys all the facts?Seems fair to me and then everyone will have all the info they need to make a good decision, then there will be no more "They have all the FACTS and you DONT "postings.
Why does Peyton Place come to mind when I read DAL and NWA threads?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by DYNASTY HVY View Post
Ok so why does the MEC not give you guys all the facts?Seems fair to me and then everyone will have all the info they need to make a good decision, then there will be no more "They have all the FACTS and you DONT "postings.
Well to really put a time line on this, that post was back before both sides started getting massive amounts of information. Therefore i was referring to those who were jumping hte gun and screaming they were no voters before any real information had been provided. My point was for everyone, meaning both sides, to get informed, ask questions and then decide. A lot of people were quick to shoot from the hip and assume the worst before getting informed. Now it seems that most people are getting the information and realizing that our MEC's are working very hard on our behalf and are doing a great job. Thanks for inquiring though
Old 07-14-2008, 04:41 AM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by DYNASTY HVY View Post
Interesting analogy.. although I would say at this point Jerry Springer would be more appropo. We'll see if it turns into the Waltons in about 4 weeks.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

moved..........
Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Ok, so with the contract going to the pilots for vote, can anyone explain to me why NWA pilots would accept a 6.5% direct contribution and DAL would maintain 11%? I understand we have some fully vested guys at the top, but for those of us on the bottom with no defined benefits whatsoever, how can this be acceptable. Better yet, how is one to plan and prepare for the future with that kind of a match. My last regional airline put in 6%... This must be a f joke.

Probably for the same reason NWA pilots keep their generous sick-leave bank and DAL pilots work under an 80hr limit each year.

It's for the sake of moving the merger forward. or depending..........