Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

PDT News and Rumors

Old 04-25-2017, 08:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Promotions
1. A pilot will be compensated at his new rate commencing with his first revenue flight in that equipment, except as provided in M.2., below.
2. When a pilot is bypassed for promotion due to the operational needs of the Company, the pilot will be compensated at the rate of the position his seniority would have entitled him to hold commencing with the date the bypassing pilot takes the check ride. The bypassed pilot’s pay will be calculated from his total pay/credit in the equipment he continues to fly.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Slightly less broke side of RJ

Originally Posted by TheWrightStuff View Post
This is the right answer. Get the LEC/MEC to deal with the fishiness. I know there has been a lot of ambiguity with this bypass stuff.
They're already involved and I'm sure they'll do everything they can. But as of right now I can't find anything in the language that specifically prevents the company from doing what they're doing. With a little luck the mec/lec will get them to adjust policy.

I'll I'm saying is what has occurred so far so others in similar spots to me are aware.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by l2flare View Post
They're already involved and I'm sure they'll do everything they can. But as of right now I can't find anything in the language that specifically prevents the company from doing what they're doing. With a little luck the mec/lec will get them to adjust policy.

I'll I'm saying is what has occurred so far so others in similar spots to me are aware.
Well it sounds like the company is doing whatever it wants to and the union needs to step in bc as I read the contract there certainly is language to prevent them from doing what they are doing..reference my above post
Old 04-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Slightly less broke side of RJ

Originally Posted by highflyer0685 View Post
Well it sounds like the company is doing whatever it wants to and the union needs to step in bc as I read the contract there certainly is language to prevent them from doing what they are doing..reference my above post
Well the portion you posted refers to when they actually bypass. The issue is that if the spot awarded will go to a 145 fo and they don't have a dash fo to bypass them they will just leave the spot vacant. Thus waiting for more dash fos to reach 1000 hours.

The cba does allow for reducing the number of open vacancies after a bid is posted and I'm assuming this is their rational for choosing to just not award those 8 spots.

Like I said the union guys are already talking with the company so hopefully something can be hashed out. Because for those of us that gave up years at other carriers this definitely sucks.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016

My understanding is that if you're qualified for CA, bid it, and someone junior to you gets awarded it, you get bypass pay. That's how I read the contract and how it's gone in the past.

As to the holes in the contract, they are definitely there and a lot of union guys seem to think our contract is just fine. For the most part it's good, but there are definitely some big holes that are taking on water fast-- def need some mending. That being said, there are a lot of guys who come in with a bad attitude towards management and make a stink about small things. Know what your contact covers, and don't get shammed by the company. On the other side of that coin, don't come in swinging before you've been wronged
Old 04-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: Professional Eugoogoolizer at the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good

Originally Posted by l2flare View Post
Well the portion you posted refers to when they actually bypass. The issue is that if the spot awarded will go to a 145 fo and they don't have a dash fo to bypass them they will just leave the spot vacant. Thus waiting for more dash fos to reach 1000 hours.

The cba does allow for reducing the number of open vacancies after a bid is posted and I'm assuming this is their rational for choosing to just not award those 8 spots.

Like I said the union guys are already talking with the company so hopefully something can be hashed out. Because for those of us that gave up years at other carriers this definitely sucks.
Your correct.. the union is working very hard right now. I expect several resolutions to some issues soon. The company is going to have to make us happy soon to cover all this summer flying.. there is so much flying needed and only so so many pilots.. i heard fatigue calls are through the roof right now.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016

If you pick up triple premium, and are displaced after it is approved and you have your crew card, are you pay protected for triple premium of just the regular credit of the trip?
Old 04-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
If you pick up triple premium, and are displaced after it is approved and you have your crew card, are you pay protected for triple premium of just the regular credit of the trip?
You just hit the jackpot, triple plus days off. Congrats!