Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Fractional
I got my Netjets Phone interview today!!!!! >

I got my Netjets Phone interview today!!!!!

Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

I got my Netjets Phone interview today!!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Default This msg and more

Originally Posted by GreenMtnGirl View Post
Hi there!
I interviewed June 12th and got the bad letter almost 3 months later. I'm reapplying in December... Do you think Netjets will grant me another interview? Thanks in advance if you reply.
What a good attitude you must have for waiting 3 months for a rejection letter and then asking when you can reapply! You should have the job just based on your spirit. Good luck to you.

I applied to NJA last December and interviewed in April. After many months I was told I was hired, then maybe hired, then hired again. As of this date I still have no training date and generally have to take it upon myself every couple months to check in to ensure that their plans are still to hire me. My friends that fly for the company say that even though getting in the door is troublesome, once you're working for them they treat you with the utmost respect and dignity. I am happy to hear that and don't doubt it is the case.

I agree with the person who questioned why a company so bent on and known for outstanding customer service would treat future employees (or applicants) in this way. I'm convinced that it isn't intentional and that it's in large part due to losing Derinda. At the same time, they've had 6 months now to get their act together and they haven't. 3 months for a rejection letter is ridiculous. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people who are forming a first impression right now of their potential employer. How many are going to walk away with a sour opinion of NetJets? Worse for the company, how many are going to come to work for NetJets with a memory of being jerked around and neglected for months? It's not the beginning of a beautiful relationship between labor and management.

I wonder what Mr. Santulli would say if he knew the process that current applicants are going through. I can't imagine he'd be happy with it, and I hope for all involved that NJA gets through this period soon.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Soulshine View Post
I wonder what Mr. Santulli would say if he knew the process that current applicants are going through. I can't imagine he'd be happy with it, and I hope for all involved that NJA gets through this period soon.
The company president spoke to the recurrent class this morning, and said they're well aware that they've dropped the ball when it comes to applicants and interviewees this year. The hiring department was, to put it quite simply, "overwhelmed" by the flood of applications.

They're working on a true online system that they're hoping to have online by the end of November or beginning of December that will make for a much better flow of information between the company and applicants.

I know the disappointment of waiting months for a rejection letter from a company I really wanted to work for. They're working on it, because they don't want anyone walking away feeling like they weren't treated well, hired or not.

I hope that'll give some insight.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

[quote=Soulshine;488205]
and generally have to take it upon myself every couple months to check in to ensure that their plans are still to hire me.

Soul,

I'm in basically the same position as you. I interviewed in June and have been told I have made the cut. When I talked to Rachelle in Sept she told me they would be calling every month to give us an update, but she didn't call in Oct. My question is how exactly do you contact them, email, call... and do they mind if you do? I don't want to be "that guy", the bothersome one, but I would like to talk to them soon.

Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Gomach2
Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007

[quote=Gomach2;490119]
and generally have to take it upon myself every couple months to check in to ensure that their plans are still to hire me.

Soul,

I'm in basically the same position as you. I interviewed in June and have been told I have made the cut. When I talked to Rachelle in Sept she told me they would be calling every month to give us an update, but she didn't call in Oct. My question is how exactly do you contact them, email, call... and do they mind if you do? I don't want to be "that guy", the bothersome one, but I would like to talk to them soon.

Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Gomach2

Soulshine, GoMach2,
I hope you guys get class dates soon. I know you are going to love it once you get started. Hang in there; it is worth it. Call me if you guys make it to Chucktown.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

[quote=Gomach2;490119]

My question is how exactly do you contact them, email, call... and do they mind if you do?

Gomach2
Since she called you, call Rachel back. Email would be fine too. PM me if you need the info.
Thanks QZ. I'll let you know!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: CA

Going on 5 weeks now...still no news, but have my fingers crossed
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Who Knows?!

Originally Posted by HIREME View Post
Going on 5 weeks now...still no news, but have my fingers crossed
Get used to the wait. I am on 4 months with no news after an interview!