Notices
Mergers and Acquisitions Facts, rumors, and conjecture

What I learned on this trip

Old 10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA
Default What I learned on this trip

Just got home, did I tell everyone I hate domestic trips? Too many legs, too many hub sits.

Ok, here goes the list:

1. The average NWA guy has not read the transcripts or any kind of message board or forum. They have not seen either of our SLI positions. The average NWA guy shows up, flies their trip and goes home. Most everyone I talked to just wants this over so they can get back to a normal crazy airline life.

2. Lots of heartburn about the uniform. You can give your leather jacket back to the company for a refund (the jacket will be donated to charity) but you have to turn it in this month (I think) so you will not have it this winter unless you want to keep it forever. Hats continue to be like fingernails on a blackboard. More guys are wearing their hats, but I don't know if because we're back in jackets or guys are just trying to get used to them again. The biggest jokes are over the nametags, I'm changing my name to "twenty-twenty". That way, I can be maddog twenty-twenty.

3. However, most guys have ordered the uniform........me included (even did the extra $$$ for an Abbott).

4. I didn't see any Delta guys at a Starbucks or fast food so no one kicked sand in my face. The American guys are telling me we need to kick the Delta guys butts........but they probably tell the Delta guys the opposite.

5. Listened to a Delta guy give his PA on guard last night.........I've never done that, at least on guard, so I must be smarter

Whats going on your guy's end?

Ferd

Last edited by Ferd149; 10-09-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Flying the SEC

Luckily I was in Nice when I gave the PA on guard, so you didn't hear it. So many darn buttons on that radio.

I think most of us are the same. The vast majority don't go to the boards and are just waiting for the chips to fall.

We hate the hats too. I can say that, I'm off probation.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
Just got home, did I tell everyone I hate domestic trips? Too many legs, too many hub sits.

Ok, here goes the list:

1. The average NWA guy has not read the transcripts or any kind of message board or forum. They have not seen either of our SLI positions. The average NWA guy shows up, flies their trip and goes home. Most everyone I talked to just wants this over so they can get back to a normal crazy airline life.

2. Lots of heartburn about the uniform. You can give your leather jacket back to the company for a refund (the jacket will be donated to charity) but you have to turn it in this month (I think) so you will not have it this winter unless you want to keep it forever. Hats continue to be like fingernails on a blackboard. More guys are wearing their hats, but I don't know if because we're back in jackets or guys are just trying to get used to them again. The biggest jokes are over the nametags, I'm changing my name to "twenty-twenty". That way, I can be maddog twenty-twenty.

3. However, most guys have ordered the uniform........me included (even did the extra $$$ for an Abbott).

4. I didn't see any Delta guys at a Starbucks or fast food so no one kicked sand in my face. The American guys are telling me we need to kick the Delta guys butts........but they probably tell the Delta guys the opposite.

5. Listened to a Delta guy give his PA on guard last night.........I've never done that, at least on guard, so I must be smarter

Whats going on your guy's end?

Ferd
Heyas Ferd,

My own experience has been somewhat similar.

Lots of heartburn about the hat. Lots of heartburn about the jackets, BUT, lots of accodates to our new chief for trying to make it right (we're being reimbursed for the jacket if you turn them in for charity).

Much amusement about the "flair". Office Space has been quoted more times that I can ever remember.

Nu
Old 10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

I can tell you that we are probably getting new name tags too.
Hats are the way it is. I am sure it will be a big deal. At least it will be march and you will not have to worry about the jacket for a few months.
Remember no long sleeve shirts with the summer uniform.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Works Every Weekend

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 737 ATL

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
Much amusement about the "flair". Office Space has been quoted more times that I can ever remember. Nu
Wear all required pieces of flair on your new jacket, but only about half the Delta guys wear the brass nametags on their shirt. We're rebels. Just like Jennifer Aniston. The suits overlook that little bit of insubordination.

The suits care deeply about the hats.
They're positively anal about the hats.

Last edited by Check Essential; 10-09-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Check Essential View Post
The suits care deeply about the hats.
They're positively anal about the hats.

So we've been told, "they" wouldn't even discuss them being optional. But! They did roll over for slip-on shoes. You can thank us mavericks later

Ferd <---------Jen's fan club president. The restraining order expires later this year.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Really, I haven't even heard that. Can we have tassels?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Don't know about tassels, didn't remember seeing it in the memo. NWA never liked tassels either so I doubt it................
Old 10-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 767ER capt

So we've been told, "they" wouldn't even discuss them being optional. But! They did roll over for slip-on shoes. You can thank us mavericks later

Ferd <---------Jen's fan club president. The restraining order expires later this year.
Mavericks? Is this that drinking game? I'm in!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

But! They did roll over for slip-on shoes. You can thank us mavericks later
Hate to break it to you, but the last two captains I've flown with wore slip ons, so you aren't even bringing that to the table!