What are "prevailing equities"

Notices
Mergers and Acquisitions Facts, rumors, and conjecture

What are "prevailing equities"

Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by satchip View Post
Actually, If we confine the current economic mess to the housing debacle and the subsequent meltdown of the financial markets, yes it was all the Democrats fault. This mess is a result of the Community Housing Reinvestment Act enacted under the Carter administration and strengthened under the Clinton administration. That law, in the name of minority/low income home ownership, forced lenders to write loans where they had refused to before. The Reno Justice Dept threatened banks that did not write enough loans to certain demographics and addresses. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were GOVERNMENT entities created and run by Democrats to back those loans. Franklin Raines, CEO of Fannie Mae was in the Carter admin. He looted FM for a 100 million dollars (said with a Mike Meyers accent). When W tried to propose stricter regulations for FM and FM he was rebuffed and defeated by the Democrats in Congress led by Barney Frank (House Banking Co) and Chris Dodd (Senate Finance Co)..
That is entertaining. Not an accurate assessment but entertaining none the less. My favorite part is the first sentence, very simplistic. I like that your "housing debacle" assessment fails to factor in home loans becoming non-transparent commodities traded on the open market.

Last edited by capncrunch; 11-12-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
It's just like associations with known CONVICTED terrorists, a pastor who condems his country for 20 years unquestioned, a wife who is only now proud to be an American... the list goes on...
These things will get a pass.

Great post satchip... too bad it will be ignored
Convicted? No, never convicted. - Russell Ziskey
Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

It's just like associations with known CONVICTED terrorists, a pastor who condems his country for 20 years unquestioned, a wife who is only now proud to be an American... the list goes on...
These things will get a pass.

Great post satchip... too bad it will be ignored
ts,

I responded to his post. Might you be ignoring mine....
Old 11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
ts,

I responded to his post. Might you be ignoring mine....
I wasn't referring to you in particular nK.. It just sickens me that "the One" has gotten a pass on just about everything from the liberal media... and there will be no change for the next four years, I don't care how bad he messes up. It will still all be attributable to W. (and as I said before, he put the "blithering idiot" in the term "blithering idiot".) I hope Obama does well.... I really do, because his will be our president, but I am not confident from what I am hearing so far.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

I wasn't referring to you in particular nK.. It just sickens me that "the One" has gotten a pass on just about everything from the liberal media... and there will be no change for the next four years, I don't care how bad he messes up. It will still all be attributable to W. (and as I said before, he put the "blithering idiot" in the term "blithering idiot".) I hope Obama does well.... I really do, because his will be our president, but I am not confident from what I am hearing so far.
We shall see. Only time will tell. I look forward to evaluating and assessing the matter over a beer and a long layover somewhere nice. Who says political discussions can't be civil?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

What is it about the media that makes it liberal? I here this all the time and when I ask to get an explanation or who is the liberal media it's a vague "you know who they are" kind of answer.

Larry King asked the congress woman from minnesota (the one on hard ball) and she couldn't or wouldn't answer it.

Fox and MSNBC balance each other out. Talk radio is primarily Right with the occasional Air America if that is even still around.

Just wondering what your take is on "liberal media". This is not ment to be inflamatory.

Eric
Old 11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Talk about thread creep, boy has this one crept. The elections over, anyone seen a merger around here lately.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
What is it about the media that makes it liberal? I here this all the time and when I ask to get an explanation or who is the liberal media it's a vague "you know who they are" kind of answer.

Larry King asked the congress woman from minnesota (the one on hard ball) and she couldn't or wouldn't answer it.

Fox and MSNBC balance each other out. Talk radio is primarily Right with the occasional Air America if that is even still around.

Just wondering what your take is on "liberal media". This is not ment to be inflamatory.

Eric
Eric,
I am a recovering republican because of the way the party has been hijacked by spend and taxers. So for the most part, The democrats and republicans are one in the same party with a few hard right (anti-abortion) and hard left (gay rights) issues (among others). These issues have tended to polarize the parties on general election days because most of the people like me (middle of the roaders) don't vote in the primaries, or if they do, it's merely a toss of a dart. That being said, the way that katie couric, tom brokaw, charlie gibson treated Sarah Palin was appaling. She gets trashed because she wears around expensive clothing bought by the RNC. BO gets a pass (by those same "reporters" for his questionable associations with Wright, Ayres and others as just a normal part of Chicago politics. If that doesn't define a liberal media, I don't know what does. I didn't vote for BO for these very reasons. (his associations). That being said, he will be our president, and I want him to succeeed, but I am fearful of his tactics. I will enjoy paying this years' tax bill, because I have no doubt it will be the smallest I will see for quite some time. And as far as balance, Fox is the only balance to the liberal media. Talk radio is entertainment, and entertainment only. Al Franken failed mmiserably in his Air America project, and I guess the only way he can get his message across is to shut down talk radio with the equal time act. Can you say Facist?

Chinese? curse: May you live in interesting times.... we soon will