Notices
Mergers and Acquisitions Facts, rumors, and conjecture

SLI compromises

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Yeah, where has he been? I have not seen him on FI for some time.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by keenster View Post
and now I am looking at 1800 DAL guys that may be going in front of me that were hired after me and for the most part are younger than me.
Give it a rest. Weren't you the one that JUST posted... get on with it? Nice flamebait Keenster.... and I couldn't resist. sheeesh
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Easy Tsquare, his post very very positive.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: non acceptus excretus

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
I thought Innerbichler got hired after the Republic merger?
Well the aforementioned is definitely foul but he isn't in the way of Keenster or yours truly to any airplanes that we flew before the last merger.....By the way I wonder if it is true that he has worn a Delta uni before.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Did not mean it in a flamebait way. Just expalining why I have not upgraded and may not be able to in the future. I don't call stating the facts of your proposed list flameaiting nor would I call you a flamebaiter by stating the facts of our proposal. Obviously I have hit a nerve here possibly. Reverse the position, you probably would be having a fit if nwa guys with a junoir date of hire were going in front of you, but that is not a possiblilty for you is it. Anyway no offense meant by my post, it is just a statement of exactly what Me -all myself, and I am facing.

buy you a beer somewhere

keenster

Last edited by keenster; 12-04-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

767er Capt

Guess you already have your widebody capt seat. Glad for you. My appologies if I have offended you. Oh yes I agree get on with it.

keenster

Last edited by keenster; 12-04-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:32 AM
No longer cares

Did not mean it in a flamebait way. Just expalining why I have not upgraded and may not be able to in the future. I don't call stating the facts of your proposed list flameaiting nor would I call you a flamebaiter by stating the facts of our proposal. Obviously I have hit a nerve here possibly. Reverse the position, you probably would be having a fit if nwa guys with a junoir date of hire were going in front of you, but that is not a possiblilty for you is it. Anyway no offense meant by my post, it is just a statement of exactly what Me -all myself, and I am facing.

buy you a beer somewhere

keenster
I'm not gonna get dragged into this... and I'll accept the beer.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:34 AM
No longer cares

767er Capt

Guess you already have your widebody capt seat. Glad for you. My appologies if I have offended you. Oh yes I agree get on with it.

keenster
Naaaaah, it's just a 767ER. And I am sure that regardless of how this turns out, you will be able to hold it too. I just hope you can't bump me out.. IF you can stoop to flying non-premium widebody airplanes...
Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Well, I sure don't want to bump you out. That would not be right. Hopefully no one bumps anyone in this deal. Anyone hoping to bump someone is looking for personal gain at the expense of someone else. All I want out of this deal is the same chance that I had after waiting 23 years to get my shot at a 330 capt seat before the merger occurred. That basically means getting to move up into those seats as a NWA guys retires. Not really looking or expecting to get a widebody seat out of the Delta side of the equation. However, it would be nice to share the growth(above and beyond what flying both sides bought ot the table) in all widebody seats that results from this merger on a 1 for 1 basis. But that growth will probably turn into a big argument. So, I don't think that trying to keep the forward movement that I had before when a NWA guy leaves( and about 250 have gone since this started) is asking a whole lot. We will see. As for what is fair on the new SLI, that will all ways remain a tough deal. No side will see that the other side got a bad or a good deal, this is my guess. I could be wrong. I would like to see them go right down the middle of the 2 proposals. I think that way it would be well, I lost but not as bad as it could have been.

Tomorrow will tell and good luck to all of us. We have bigger fish to fry in the future.

Keenster
Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
No longer cares

Tomorrow will tell and good luck to all of us. We have bigger fish to fry in the future.

Keenster
You are a good man, I don't care what Carl says about you . Hopefully we can really get down to the task of restoring this profession to where it once was.. regardless of who is in the White House... or at the head of ALPA...