Notices
Mergers and Acquisitions Facts, rumors, and conjecture

Dal Won

Old 12-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330 capt

Originally Posted by keenster View Post
For 23 years I have waited to get a widebldy seat(a330or 747). I was about a year away before the merger. Now I have 1400 DAL guys senior to me tht are junior to me date of hire and younger than me that get a shot before I do. Guess what that means, no A330 captain for years. Get that- for years. And the 767 does not fly to BKK, hkg,ams.lgw,paris,rome,etc. Not even close to being the same airplane. Hurray for the DAL guys that get to fly what I would have had. No way you would understand unless you were on this side of the fence. I am an 85 hire. I was hired at DAL but was already at NWA. 1985 DAL guys are in the 200s I am in the 2800 range. For me this is B.S. What exactly did you loose in this?????

Keenster
Since I am posting this from Paris, and I fly the 767, at least part of your post is not true. The 767 indeed flys to all the destinations highlited above. You retained relative seniority in this merger which was the MOST fair way (among many options) to integrate. You now have the opportunity to fly the unfenced 767ER as capt to diverse destinations. With a fence on the whale, you should be able to exercise your original seniority rights at NW for a period of 5 years, and you will have original NW seniority for the 787. DOH would have given you a huge windfall at the expense of DL pilots.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: DAL A320 CA

For 23 years I have waited to get a widebldy seat(a330or 747). I was about a year away before the merger. Now I have 1400 DAL guys senior to me tht are junior to me date of hire and younger than me that get a shot before I do. Guess what that means, no A330 captain for years. Get that- for years. And the 767 does not fly to BKK, hkg,ams.lgw,paris,rome,etc. Not even close to being the same airplane. Hurray for the DAL guys that get to fly what I would have had. No way you would understand unless you were on this side of the fence. I am an 85 hire. I was hired at DAL but was already at NWA. 1985 DAL guys are in the 200s I am in the 2800 range. For me this is B.S. What exactly did you loose in this?????

Keenster

You just added 111 more wide bodies to the 63 your previous company had ( and more are on the way we all hope) and also the 777s (with more types to be added later like the 330 and 744) have many double crew flights which increases the number of captain jobs (your former company did not do that). I know, I know... the 777 and 767 are not real wide bodies but the last time I flew one they have twin isles in the back and you sit real high off the ground. Your bidding power has not changed all that much if any. I wish you well.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 777 Sim Instructor

Keenster, I don't know if this will help but let me say: 767ER Captain is the best and most fun job I ever had at DL.You go all over the world,Rome 1 trip maybe Maui the next trip.If I hadn't been worried about the future in the dark days I would have never left.If you are a commuter you can back trips up.When they start moving equipment to different bases you will get your shot at widebody Capt.Enjoy the ride. Finis
Old 12-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Starboard Side, weekends & holidays.

Disreagrd, sorry.

Last edited by FmrFreightDog; 12-10-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B767 FO

Keenster
I didn't "loose"(SIC) a thing. Repeat after me. DATE OF HIRE MEANS NOTHING. Read the arbitrator explanation if you cannot understand that. I bet you didn't really "lose" either - you're just being a drama queen.

How much did your percentage change? (Mine went UP just shy of 1%). How many more widebodies do you now have access to (Since the DAL 767's are unfenced)? Go take a look the results - it might be surprising. I know they are not super-premium wide-bodies or anything like that, but the last I checked they have twin aisles and three man crews.

Those cities you want to fly to will likely be served by 767-300ER's flown out of Seattle and LAX.

How about that nice payraise you received?

If you look at the facts, you see you did alright and it was fair, but it is more fun to tell everyone "Woe is me".

Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 400 Capt

Finally...it looks like some NWA guys are beginning to figure it out...we got royally screwed. Delta is run by junior people…the senior guys grabbed their pension (the smart ones) and ran for the hills. I lost 6 years seniority…what a fricken rip off. The red-green show that has lasted all these years…is going to be reborn…just watch. And I can say this from experience-it’s not fun.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Finally...it looks like some NWA guys are beginning to figure it out...we got royally screwed. Delta is run by junior people…the senior guys grabbed their pension (the smart ones) and ran for the hills. I lost 6 years seniority…what a fricken rip off. The red-green show that has lasted all these years…is going to be reborn…just watch. And I can say this from experience-it’s not fun.
Your date of hire determined only your relative seniority at the company at which you were hired. It was good for bidding, nonreving, and determining your QOL at NW. The people you call junior at DL are no more junior than people in equivalent positions at NW. Younger maybe, no more junior.

Everyone is going to have some bone to pick on this. Many at DL who enjoy a good quality of life flying big equipment in warm and western bases will see themselves buried by former NW commuters. Capt upgrades in base pushed way out into the future. Commute to a small airplane in cold weather if you do want to upgrade. You've lost absolutely nothing in comparison. Overall, many more former NW pilots who faced years commuting to narrowbody equipment will have a great chance to fly bigger, higher paying equipment and possibly work closer to home.

You sound like one of the NW guys who fought for relative position in the Republic merger then perpetuated the red book/green book fiasco for 20 more years. Now merging with a carrier that has many more large, high paying airplanes than yours, you wanted date of hire. Hmmm. Time to move on.

Last edited by Hawaii50; 12-10-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 330Fo

All,

I started this thread not as flamebait but from the info I had before everything was published officially. All I had heard was that it was relative with no dynamics. If I had it over I would have retitled the thread "list is forthcoming" If any of you have read my previous posts I have passionately defended nwa pilots, who we are, what kind of group we are and what we bring to the table. But the list is done now. It is what it is. So, maybe we should kill this thread and move on.

If the title of the thread is dal won. Well, aren't we all dal pilots now?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 7ER

Keenster
Keenster:
Don't let facts get in the way of your anger. (The 767 does in fact go to the above red destinations from 3 different bases.) Suggest you use it somewhere else, like kicking the dog. Also, look for the 767 to depart from a west coast city to an asian destination real soon.
Do some research before you look dumb, please.
I sure hope that you are in the minority at NW, as we don't need this kind of BS for trying to build harmony between the 2 groups.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:28 AM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Keenster
Your field of vision is so narrow it is beyond belief. The 76ER flies to far more diverse destinations than the 6 or so that the A33o does. But if you want to limit yourself to those few western Europe destinations, I will wager that there will be few if any DAL guys that will stand in your way for the bus. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Oh, and as far as going to Asia on the ER... stand by...