Mergers and Acquisitions Facts, rumors, and conjecture

NWA Won

Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Guys,
Its over - split decision, and probably the best we could have hoped for. Look at us then look at USAIR - we should all be very, very, very happy!

Scoop
Hear hear! No one is ecstatic, everyone is grumbling a bit, and very few are livid. This award was about as even-keeled as it gets. I doubt many of us are any more negatively impacted by this award than if we had stayed as standalone carriers, and that option might have been a worse scenario.

Beer's on me.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATL717A

Agree with all of the above, except for the original post. NW didn't win, neither did DL. There is no possible way to please everyone on both sides, but I feel this agreement is just about as close as one could ever hope for.

Not to pile on the group hug bandwagon too much, but I really look forward to working with all Delta pilots (12,000+) to make this the best airline in the world. I have almost 25 years left, and hope to see Delta on top for them all.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
The net difference in retirements over the next 10 years between Delta and NWA is less then 300 pilots. It may in fact be the 274 number the arbitrators picked. Its not as huge as often posted here.

George
The number may not be that different but what is the percentage. You have to take into account that delta was around 40% larger than nwa. If memory serves people were saying 50% vs. 33%.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
The number may not be that different but what is the percentage. You have to take into account that delta was around 40% larger than nwa. If memory serves people were saying 50% vs. 33%.
Exactly!..............
Old 12-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
I doubt many of us are any more negatively impacted by this award than if we had stayed as standalone carriers, and that option might have been a worse scenario.
I would not go that far. NWA would have been fine as a stand alone and with 50% of our list going away within the next 5-10 years, many of us would have been a lot better off as a stand alone.

That being said, most people are living with the list and grumbling a little but plan to get over it. So far here in Narita, beer has been the answer.

Fortunately, I don't see this list being something we have to hear about on the flight deck for the next 20 years.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
I would not go that far. NWA would have been fine as a stand alone and with 50% of our list going away within the next 5-10 years, many of us would have been a lot better off as a stand alone.

As a pilot who has been flying for the 'old' NWA for 21 years I dissagree with capncrunch opinion. NWA was a midwest carrier with an orient domination. Dominated hub-hub ops with 3 flights a day to our hubs We would not have survived the next 5-10 years. We would have been involved with a merger, and probably with American. Ask TWA/ Reno/ Air Cal/ Carribean pilots how that turned out...staple..staple...staple.....
Old 12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: non acceptus excretus

Originally Posted by reddog25 View Post
As a pilot who has been flying for the 'old' NWA for 21 years I dissagree with capncrunch opinion. NWA was a midwest carrier with an orient domination. Dominated hub-hub ops with 3 flights a day to our hubs We would not have survived the next 5-10 years. We would have been involved with a merger, and probably with American. Ask TWA/ Reno/ Air Cal/ Carribean pilots how that turned out...staple..staple...staple.....
Air Cal was ratio'd in and has actually worked out very favorably for CalCans, Trans Carib was also ratio'd in. Reno and TWA were the more or less stapled, which by the way was date of hire for Reno, the company was so new and 80% of Reno's pilots had active applications on file at AMR(an active employment app is a signed statement that you would love to go to the bottom of a carriers seniority list). The Reno Capt's were protected in seat(I forget for how long) . TWA was entering Chapt 7, which is what enabled their shafting.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Air Cal was ratio'd in and has actually worked out very favorably for CalCans, Trans Carib was also ratio'd in. Reno and TWA were the more or less stapled, which by the way was date of hire for Reno, the company was so new and 80% of Reno's pilots had active applications on file at AMR(an active employment app is a signed statement that you would love to go to the bottom of a carriers seniority list). The Reno Capt's were protected in seat(I forget for how long) . TWA was entering Chapt 7, which is what enabled their shafting.
All you said is correct - plus, the Reno guys got raises such that even with the staple job they made more than they were making at Reno. It was a win-win for them. Without that staple job, they would have been little more than another footnote in aviation history of a failed startup.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Hi.

DAL Won:
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/me...al-won-12.html

cliff
YIP
Old 12-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

The title of this thread is as stupid as the one that says Delta won.

Can we PLEASE kill this thread???

Thank you,

Carl