Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

ORD Hotels

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Default ORD Hotels

I'm going to be needing to stay at hotel near ORD for a couple of days. I don't know anything about any of the hotels near the airport, so I was wondering where you guys stay, and if you like where you stay.

Also anyone know how the ORD Doubletree is? Is it a nice Doubletree?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Depends on which doubletree... The ORD Doubletree Club in Des Plains (Up near target and the Allstate arena) kinda sucks, but a hotel is a hotel. Not much around it, and a good number of crewmembers (at least used to be back in the days that I stayed there). There's Target, Steak and Shake, Chilis, Krispy Kreme and Chipotle nearby. That's about it.

Can't remember the name of the place, but there used to be a hotel a bit further out that had crewmember discounts for around $40/night. Want to say it was a Radisson, Ramada, or Hampton Inn.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FlyerJosh
Depends on which doubletree... The ORD Doubletree Club in Des Plains (Up near target and the Allstate arena) kinda sucks, but a hotel is a hotel. Not much around it, and a good number of crewmembers (at least used to be back in the days that I stayed there). There's Target, Steak and Shake, Chilis, Krispy Kreme and Chipotle nearby. That's about it.

Can't remember the name of the place, but there used to be a hotel a bit further out that had crewmember discounts for around $40/night. Want to say it was a Radisson, Ramada, or Hampton Inn.
Thanks Josh, you must be the only one here that's ever layovered at ORD..
I think my old haunt in Chitown, The Ambassador, is sounding better, even if my time there will be short.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: A320

sprinhill suites it very nice and clean and has an outback. they will also take you an dpick you up to Mrettis, anice italian restaurant in a happening area and is very close to the "L"
Old 04-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Boeing, Right

Originally Posted by greedyairlineexec
sprinhill suites it very nice and clean and has an outback. they will also take you an dpick you up to Mrettis, anice italian restaurant in a happening area and is very close to the "L"
spellcheck is free!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Line Holder

Position: 742 Capt.

The Westin has the best beds and shower-heads.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 747classic
The Westin has the best beds and shower-heads.

Yes, they do have great beds, and I've turned into a hotel bedding snob in my old age......or maybe I'm just a spoiled travel agent brat.