American Eagle Bases? (seniority)

Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

American Eagle Bases? (seniority)

Old 05-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: CRJ <-
Default American Eagle Bases? (seniority)

which bases are more senior and which are more junior?

thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Just happy to be here

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: 777 FO

Are you talking about new hires? If so, new hires get placed in a base according to the company's needs at that time. New hires have been placed in every seat from ATR in SJU to CRJ in ORD.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Fartknocker
Are you talking about new hires? If so, new hires get placed in a base according to the company's needs at that time. New hires have been placed in every seat from ATR in SJU to CRJ in ORD.
oh sorry, should have clarified. just in general which bases are more senior. i'm wondering how hard it would be to get a base like BOS or LGA. is it hard to transfer from your orginally assigned base? do they only base certain planes at certain bases, I know the ATR is SJU and the Saab is LAX, but what about the jets? If you get a prop how long til you could get a jet (not because I have SJS but because I don't really care for the prop bases)
Old 05-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

The Saab is in DFW and LAX

Recently LGA and BOS have gone to newhires who have subsequently bid out of those domiciles. Prior to that, it seemed that those two were pretty senior. LAX is very senior on the jet, but junior on the prop. ORD is pretty junior on both CRJ and ERJ. DFW is somewhat senior on the ERJ (no new spots since last fall), but junior on the CRJ.

If you get a prop and want the jet, you are locked into the prop for 1 year before you can bid a jet.

Props get off of reserve faster than jets.

Bidding to a new domicile isn't hard, it just requires that there be a vacancy either from someone leaving/upgrading or a vacancy in the monthly system vacancy. I know of several instances where guys have bid out of their domicile while still in training...
Old 05-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Just happy to be here

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: 777 FO

Junior,

Burt said most of it. Here are the rest of the bases. The CRJ is ORD and DFW. The ATR is MIA and SJU. The EMB is LAX, DFW, ORD, BOS, and LGA.

Everything else he said about bidding is true. You never know where you will end up until you get hired and start training. It all depends on where the comany needs pilots. You are seat locked in your intial equipment as a new hire. This means you can not bid out of a particular airplane for 1 year. You may change bases, just not airplanes. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Another important thing to note is that you can't make "lateral" equipment bids, i.e. no ERJ-->CRJ and no ATR-->Saab and visa versa, but you can bid "up" i.e. Prop to Jet.

When you upgrade, hehe, you can go into any equipment that your senority will hold. In fact, most junior captain upgrades go into the Saab to start (least pay).
Old 05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Lets say you start a newhire class and there are a total of 10 people including yourself. They arrange the newhires from oldest (most senior) to youngest (most junior). Then they write on the chalk board the openings/bases they have. IE: 2 DFW ERJ, 1 LAX Saab, 2 SJU ATR, 2 ERJ BOS, 1 ERJ LGA, 1 DFW Saab, 1 ORD CRJ. The oldest person makes his choice, then down the line until all spots are filled. You dont know until that first day of training what will be available and what you might get. If you get a prop (Saab, ATR) you are locked in that aircraft for 1 year. You could still transfer (ATR between SJU-MIA, Saab between LAX-DFW) but not into a jet until after that year. If you get a jet (ERJ/CRJ) you can transfer to any other base that has that particular jet. Hope this explains it. Lately we have had a lot of LGA/BOS ERJ openings.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Line Holder

awesome, thanks fellas.