Notices
Pilot Health FAA medical; health topics

Pilot friendly AME in Seattle ?

Old 08-14-2016, 02:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: 737 Left/Right Seat
Default South of seattle AME

I use Dr. Kirk Harmon in Fife, WA. Scheduling is hassle-free and he's taken last minute appointments for me that really helped me out. Service is pretty efficient and friendly. He loves pilots and is a former Air National Guard flight surgeon.

http://kirkharmon.com
Old 03-06-2017, 07:58 AM
pants on the ground

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: back seat

Anyone know of a pilot friendly doc north of Seattle. Bonus if he/she takes health insurance too.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I just used Kirk Harmon in Fife recently, for the first time. Thumbs up.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 747 FO

I went to Dr Choudhary in Kent for the first time last month. Very pilot-friendly and a pleasant staff. She has a regular practice and doesn't just churn out pilot medicals, so I wasn't seen on time. But overall a good experience.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by mmaviator View Post
Anyone know of a pilot friendly doc north of Seattle. Bonus if he/she takes health insurance too.
Not sure how far north of Seattle you're looking at, however, I have had good luck with Dr. Tisdall in Bellingham.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:22 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Bad experience

Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo View Post
I went to Dr Choudhary in Kent for the first time last month. Very pilot-friendly and a pleasant staff. She has a regular practice and doesn't just churn out pilot medicals, so I wasn't seen on time. But overall a good experience.
She deferred me for a simple cortisone injection....AMAS says this should have never happened. I won't see her again.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Dr Randal Franke has Seatac office. Pilot friendly, considerable experience with complex medical issues. Great Guy! He gets it.
206-914-3170.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:55 AM
Coverage Award...

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Jennaguppy View Post
She deferred me for a simple cortisone injection....AMAS says this should have never happened. I won't see her again.
DO NOT USE DR. CHAUDHARY

Sorry for the all caps, but she will ruin your career and not bat an eye. She thinks she knows better than the FAA on what is, or is not allowed. She will also go straight to OKC instead of calling the local office, and she will plead her case that she is in the right. It's not that she's vindictive, she just has no clue. And when she's wrong, she won't admit it or apologize. ALPA medical was already aware of her when I called, and they recommended that I not go back to her.

Again... DO NOT USE DR. CHAUDHARY
Old 06-28-2020, 03:42 AM
Orbis Non Sufficit

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
DO NOT USE DR. CHAUDHARY

Sorry for the all caps, but she will ruin your career and not bat an eye. She thinks she knows better than the FAA on what is, or is not allowed. She will also go straight to OKC instead of calling the local office, and she will plead her case that she is in the right. It's not that she's vindictive, she just has no clue. And when she's wrong, she won't admit it or apologize. ALPA medical was already aware of her when I called, and they recommended that I not go back to her.

Again... DO NOT USE DR. CHAUDHARY
I really hated reading this. I had a run in with an arrogant prick doctor who made a situation worse (non-AME) a few months ago and it sucks. No one needs attitude from a doc.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Does anyone know if Kirk Harmon is still in business? I have been calling for over a week and leaving messages, but no one ever answers.