Aviation Technology New, advanced, and future aviation technology discussion

Climategate

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Libertarian Resistance

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 757 FO
Default Climategate

In light of the revelations about climate science in the last week or so, I was wondering if anyone has changed their minds about whether or not the science is "settled".

WW
Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Weekends off? HA!

Joined APC: May 2006

"What you mean,Willits?"
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

Originally Posted by Winged Wheeler View Post
In light of the revelations about climate science in the last week or so, I was wondering if anyone has changed their minds about whether or not the science is "settled".

WW
It will be settled after the investigations for fraud are finished and the people who perpetrated this hoax are thrown in jail.
Too much info out there now to let this just get blown off .
Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me comes to mind .

Fred
Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: FDX 767 FO

So if I read between the lines Al Gore invented fraud?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Box Pusher

This sucks! These scientists are just as bad as the people who think everything is going fine and we should not bother changing anything we do until the free market dictates. It doesn’t matter anymore what the data says because no one will trust scientific data anymore because it has become political. As usual, the fate of many will be dictated by the extremists. We went from thinking ½ the population of the world would be underwater in 50 years to sticking our head in the sand and not thinking about the planet at all.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. The pollution we put into our planet is definitely not good and will affect it, but it probably won’t flood us or put us in an ice age anytime soon. Though, this does not mean that we shouldn’t bother to invest in alternative energy. It will take decades to really implement new energy sources and we can’t just wait for the free market to force us to do it because the infrastructure needs to be in place before the free market is ready for alternative energy. It is the chicken before the egg thing. One day the free market will want a chicken, but we never made the egg.

This will have far greater implications too. From now on, whenever scientific data is used on anything remotely political, opponents will only have to say that the data could have been tampered or altered and that data has no value. I believe we will enter an age where emotions will count for more than facts or data.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Radio Flyer (The lil red wagon)

One can prove SO2 and NOx harm the environment.

Thus far, NO ONE has come forward with substantive nor conclusive evidence or data that CO2 harms the environment. Although it does make plants grow. Well, at least that was what we learned in 5th grade science. Then again, I did attend public school.

So in a nutshell.... stop dumping mercury in the ocean, stop dumping prescription meds down the toilet, put scrubbers on coal power plants, and don't throw your trash out the window. Dispose of it properly. Recycle if you want.

BUT YOU CAN NOT TELL ME BURNING GASOLINE OR ANY OTHER HYDROCARBON IS CAUSING THE EARTH'S AVG ANNUAL TEMPERATURE TO RISE! PROVE IT!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: C172 Left

Changed my mind? No, I didnt believe it in the first place
Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Side Windin', Bush Wackin', Horn Swagglin' Kraker Kroker

Originally Posted by FlyBoyd View Post
So if I read between the lines Al Gore invented fraud?
Supposedly Al Gore is the first "Carbon Billionaire". That should tell you a lot about his motivation. He belongs in jail right next to Madoff.

This is the best summary of the idea of saving the planet I've heard.
YouTube - George Carlin - Saving the Planet
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Tiki bar

This past summer was one of the coolest I can remember... but that is just my wedge of the world... your results may vary. Personally, I think it is all rubbish. The proposed 'carbon tax' or whatever it is called is really ridiculous.... just another thing management will 'payroll deduct' from our cheques... because, God forbid that gets passed down to "Joe's" $90 ticket in first class.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

DiverDriver:

No, it isn't just you, this year has been, depending on where you live, one of the coolest in HISTORY of record keeping. Here's a google search of all of the articles that have been written.

coolest summer on record 2009 - Google Search

And in July, 6 states recorded THE COLDEST JULY ON RECORD !!!