Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

FDX - Pay Issue After ITU

Old 02-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Couch Potato
Default FDX - Pay Issue After ITU

Maybe some of you guys/gals who have recently completed ITU can help me with this 'new' interpretation of the CBA. Here's the situation.

I finished ITU in mid-February. I knew that I would be complete in February and so when I bid my pay-only line in February, I bid for max days off and a bit of March carryover. I was awarded a line with 6 hours of carryover. When I look at my March pay summary in VIPS I see my March trips, but no carryover from February.

I spoke to various folks today in Crew Pay and Futures and basically they said that since they couldn't put a trip on my custom line (for the rest of Feb.) they just took the carryover and put it in my General Make-Up bank. Sure enough, when I look at my 'bank activity' there it is, courtesy of Ms. VS, A300 Planner.

I sure don't see anything in the CBA about just dumping carryover into the make-up bank. I have a call in to the Union to get their position but, have any of you had this occur to you? Inquiring minds want to know??

MG2
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006

How many days off did your pay only line have? Did you have a chance to browse 25.L.3.b+c?

It sounds like:
A - The combination of IOE credit hours plus TRN days (R Day Value) exceeded your pay only BLG

B - The carryover trip had to be dropped because you did not have the number of days off that your pay online had.

Let us know what you find out.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetblack View Post
How many days off did your pay only line have? Did you have a chance to browse 25.L.3.b+c?
My pay only line (excluding the c/o) had 17 days off, 11 days on. My IOE trips took 7 days. The ACH of the IOE was about 46 credit hours. They assigned me 4 R days for 18+36, which when added to the 46 ACH from the IOE trips, it's still less than the 68 hour BLG. So all the stuff for the Feb. month is fine.

The issue is the 6 hours of C/O that has disappeared from my pay and been deposited into my make-up bank. It seems to me like they could have just assigned me an R day in March for the C/O and paid me for it.

Still waiting to hear back from Contract Enforcement.

MG2
Old 02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 767 CA

I must be completely reading your situation wrong. But I'm not sure why you would even get the c/o CH put into your make up bank. While in training, carryover is not paid on your pay only line. All you get paid for is the the portion of the carry over trip in the current month (Feb, in your case). The rest of the trip is dropped out.

Ref. 4.I.5. a,b,c
Old 02-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Overnitefr8,

Take a look at Section 25.I.3.b&c. My understanding is that in the month you are coming out of IOE, you CAN bid a pay-only line with C/O and your custom line should account for the C/O.

What do you think??

MG2
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

They can't or won't assign a single day R Day. I guess that's why they didn't assign an R Day on Mar 1. March trips must not have been available yet when they built your Feb custom line to give you in March to compensate? And there wasn't a carryover trip in Feb left either to give you. So putting pay into your m/u bank I guess would be the only other option.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

I've had a single R-Day before with this new contact.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I've had a single R-Day before with this new contact.
I guess the company can give you but I know I've tried to drop an R Day which would leave a single R Day. The excuse in the notification was no single R Days allowed.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

In my custom line request I asked the Company to give me (if there were no trips) 4 R days on the last four days of the month and then an R day on the first day of the new month. I'd have 5 R days in a row.

My position is that if I bid a line with C/O and I don't conflict with it, the Company should pay me for it. I just don't see where they can just arbitrarily decide to dump the time into my make-up bank. IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!

On the other hand, arbitrary decisions are make by the Company on every other section of the contract. Why should this be any different???

MG2
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

What did contract enforcement say about it?