Notices
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs

Single engine jobs

Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Default Single engine jobs

I was wondering are their any jobs out their that are single engine, that dont requiere over 1000 hours (such as crop dusters).
Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ

check out dropzone.com its updated daily, everyones trying to get ready for the summer skydiving season right around this time. good luck!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:50 PM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Mod note: Thread moved to Part 91 and Low Time from Hangar Talk.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
sorry about that, im still a newb to aviation world, so i wasnt to sure where to post this
Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Dude how about hiring news, these are getting out of control, theres like 400 of this same thread lately, how about locking these and telling them to use the search tool

'jobs in az'
'jobs in miami'
'jobs in nc'
I have 2xx hours and cant find a job i emailed alot of places but heard nothign back idk why!! I got a comm!!!!!

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
Old 03-30-2010, 05:10 PM
On Reserve

im not looking for jobs, i did use the search button and nothing showed up so i made a post.
Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
Dude how about hiring news, these are getting out of control, theres like 400 of this same thread lately, how about locking these and telling them to use the search tool

'jobs in az'
'jobs in miami'
'jobs in nc'
I have 2xx hours and cant find a job i emailed alot of places but heard nothign back idk why!! I got a comm!!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
I was wondering are their any jobs out their that are single engine, that dont requiere over 1000 hours (such as crop dusters).

no your not looking for jobs

look we have been in your spot, im not going after you specifically, but if this board becomes cluttered with people going do you know about jobs over and over, its all it will become and the forum will die......read around there are 100's of pages on this subject
Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
Do you fly like you spell?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
no your not looking for jobs

look we have been in your spot, im not going after you specifically, but if this board becomes cluttered with people going do you know about jobs over and over, its all it will become and the forum will die......read around there are 100's of pages on this subject
Ow i have, i trust me and rick777 or something like that always post alot of good useful info. From what i gathered u can be a night cargo with low fly hours at the same time that your doing your cfi right? "Do you fly like you spell?" Im sorry english bothers you. English is my second language :/
Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

I don't know much at all about cropdusting, but am also interested, mostly cause i've grown up on farms and def picture me as the type of kid to live where property is plentiful and there are no major cities or airports anywhere around (when I eventually can afford to move)

But what I do know about crop dusting are the basics... I'm pretty sure almost all the planes are taildraggers, and usually flown out of grass strips. Your gonna be real heavy on take off, and climb performance might not be great. Crop dusting involves alot of maunuevering at low altitudes (I consider altitude and engine oil a pilot's life blood so being low isn't for the faint of heart) and as you spray your weight is changing as well as your CG. I've never dealt with that aside from burning fuel but I know a changing CG can be deadly if not handled right... I believe that had somethin to do with the bonanza becoming known as the "v-tailed doctor killer." I don't know where you fly now, but for me it is in the NJ/Phili area where VFR landmarks are plentiful, and NJ hasn't entirely lost it's agriculture roots but the farms are fading fast. I see alot of cropdusting business moving midwest where there are still farms, and where EVERYTHING looks the same. I've flown out there once and compared to what I'm used to navigation was alot harder. You don't wanna focus in on a good spray, get confused as to where you are, and not be able to find your landing strip. Not to mention the actual spray! Have you ever tried dropping something out of a plane into a garbage can? I did in a flying competition... until you actually try it, you don't appreciate how much the drag and wind really screws up your aim.

What I'm getting at is if you could find a job crop dustin with less than 1,000 hours i'd be surprised, but even if you did it might not be the best idea to take it. I see it being something where you really gotta know your stuff... which is personal. Some pilots might be ready in a few hundred hours, but I could see others taking alot longer.