Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Blackwater

Old 08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Swing that gear

Originally Posted by Vee1 View Post
Does anyone have any gouge on the current Presidential Interview Process?
I did mid July... I can't PM you yet because you don't have enough posts. Have someone send me your email address and I will fill you in.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: DA50 Capt

Hey everyone. I'm an avid reader of these forums but rarely post (had to get a new user name its been so long).

I am debating on sending in my resume to AAR Corp (formerly Xe and Blackwater). I know a couple people that may help me get in. I have searched these posts read them all, but I was wondering if anyone had some updated information. I'm assuming AAR will be continuing on doing the same contract stuff Blackwater did. Dash 8/Casa 212 in Afghanistan and Africa (and I guess some other places as well).

I am a King Air guy now with over 3000 hours. No military experience but I do have plenty of 135 exp.

How long is the training?
Do they train pilots on firearms?
Are pilots allowed to be armed?
How much do they pay now?
What is the lifestyle like over there/here during training?
How would a pilot like myself (135 pilot with 1 and 2-pilot experience but no military experience) fare in an environment like that?

I have talked to a couple military guys and they say the contractors and contract pilots are not looked down upon over there at all.

It seems like some interesting flying and definitely something I'd like to do while I'm still young. Thanks to anyone who has some info for me.

-Jeff
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by jlloyd1010 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm an avid reader of these forums but rarely post (had to get a new user name its been so long).

I am debating on sending in my resume to AAR Corp (formerly Xe and Blackwater). I know a couple people that may help me get in. I have searched these posts read them all, but I was wondering if anyone had some updated information. I'm assuming AAR will be continuing on doing the same contract stuff Blackwater did. Dash 8/Casa 212 in Afghanistan and Africa (and I guess some other places as well).

I am a King Air guy now with over 3000 hours. No military experience but I do have plenty of 135 exp.

How long is the training?
Do they train pilots on firearms?
Are pilots allowed to be armed?
How much do they pay now?
What is the lifestyle like over there/here during training?
How would a pilot like myself (135 pilot with 1 and 2-pilot experience but no military experience) fare in an environment like that?

I have talked to a couple military guys and they say the contractors and contract pilots are not looked down upon over there at all.

It seems like some interesting flying and definitely something I'd like to do while I'm still young. Thanks to anyone who has some info for me.

-Jeff
I can almost guarantee you won't get firearms training. Most likely you won't be allowed to carry a weapon anyhow. I'm going to venture to say that if you have no weapons training, it means you were never military and its not likely you will get hired. I could be wrong, but I'm speaking from my personal experience and observations. A big help is already having a security clearance. A secret does the job, a TS is great. Most military already have a clearance, well, depending on your job.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: DA50 Capt

Thanks for the info, Tink. Yea I know its pretty tough to get on there without any military background. I do know a couple people that are there, but that doesn't mean I'd even be a good fit for their mission.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by jlloyd1010 View Post

I am debating on sending in my resume to AAR Corp (formerly Xe and Blackwater). ...

-Jeff
If you're a King Air guy, why not look at the King Air contractors?
-Dynamic
-L3
-Avenge
-Air Scan

All the players prefer to have prior military guys, but they all accept civ only aslo, just a bit harder. As to pay... my current understanding from my friends at the various companies would put pay as follows:
-L3
-Avenge
-Blackwater... whatever their name du jour happens to be
-Dynamic
-Air Scan
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Getting Out

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: A320

Dont talk yourself out of a job. Apply to all and see what happens. Your experience is not a deal breaker, just a little outside the norm. Some contracts allow you to carry, some do not.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by MiserDD View Post
If you're a King Air guy, why not look at the King Air contractors?
-Dynamic
-L3
-Avenge
-Air Scan

All the players prefer to have prior military guys, but they all accept civ only aslo, just a bit harder. As to pay... my current understanding from my friends at the various companies would put pay as follows:
-L3
-Avenge
-Blackwater... whatever their name du jour happens to be
-Dynamic
-Air Scan
Air Scan IS NOT a King Air contractor
Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Presidential had a lot of airline guys come through. Some are still there, some are not. They're overhauling their training process and have a lot of need for pilots still. The new ownership highly values the DOD contracts in place and is bidding on new contracts as they come up. The flying ain't taking a load of ****ed off passengers to EWR. Visit AARcorp.com for their job openings. 500 multi is a hard minimum.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: BE200 Captain

Does anyone know anything about Presidential or Evergreen flying Dash 8's in Afghanistan?

I have applied to both and have 121 & 135 exp. also Dash type. I haven't heard anything back and was wondering if there would be anything else I could do to get hired?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: BE200 Captain

Thanks,

I called also and left a message. I guess next step is maybe just driving down there (NC) and see if anyone will speak with me.