Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

UPS hiring FQS

Old 01-25-2011, 06:52 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Sleeping thru the sort in the comfort of my own bed!
Default UPS hiring FQS

If you consider yourself a scab or have aspirations of becoming one, apply within!

https://ups.managehr.com/screening/p...jobreqid=17852

Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Scum only need apply!!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Sleeping thru the sort in the comfort of my own bed!

Here's another scab job for those who don't meet the minimum quals. UPS will upgrade you to a flying scab position later after they furlough more line pilots. Good luck, when you hit the line!

https://ups.managehr.com/screening/p...jobreqid=17847
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

Call me ignorant, but why are these jobs considered scab jobs? Is there a picket line that I'm unaware of in SDF or ANC? I've seen plenty of external job postings for instructor positions at airlines.

Does it suck that they'd do this while pilots are on furlough? Yes- but take that out on the company- not the person who takes a job doing NON-STRUCK work...

Please, educate me...
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Unknown

Well, "struck work" is a bit of a moot point at UPS. Many believe we would never be released from mediation to strike, because of the % of U.S. economy reliant on UPS (that's logistics). Who knows if that's true, but it would be sweet irony to come back from a furlough only to go right out on strike.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: UPS Captain

Originally Posted by detpilot View Post
Call me ignorant, but why are these jobs considered scab jobs? Is there a picket line that I'm unaware of in SDF or ANC? I've seen plenty of external job postings for instructor positions at airlines.

Does it suck that they'd do this while pilots are on furlough? Yes- but take that out on the company- not the person who takes a job doing NON-STRUCK work...

Please, educate me...
You would have to work here to get the "education" you desire.

However if you do not see a problem with NURPS (Non Union Replacement Pilots) being hired while union pilots are being furloughed.......I cannot help you.

I agree, however, that the word Scab does not apply as many seem to imply. A scab is someone who crosses a picket line. There is no strike currently under way at UPS. As Buck pointed out I am not sure UPS or FedEx would ever be allowed to strike. I would not recommend anyone taking a "management" FQS position though. It will be a very lonely place. It pays okay, but not for the amount of work required.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Come on IPA guys (if you actually are). I know it's beyond frustrating how our company treats us, but you gotta keep your head in the game and fight smart. Do not throw the scab term/idea around regarding the FQSs or anybody who may apply for one of these jobs. SCAB is not even close to appropriate describing these people. Fight smart and keep your heads in the game. JMO
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Why would they not offer this up to the guys currently on laid off to get them off the street? Is there some disconnect between the "management" pilots and the "line" pilots?

Not looking to throw gas on the fire, just figure out why so many people seem to hate the place (given the pay scale).
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by FrontSeat View Post
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

OMG !!!

Where do you start with this question.......
If he knows this thread is about stUPidS Airlines, he must be joking, flaming or completely out in left field.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: looking for a bridge to sleep under in ANC

Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
If he knows this thread is about stUPidS Airlines, he must be joking, flaming or completely out in left field.
Whats that saying.....until you've walked a mile in my shoes. I don't think anyone from the outside can understand just how dysfunctional and hostel a company UPS is when it comes to employee relations. I still scratch my head when they report how much money they make. One of two things is going on........Enron part two or they are missing an opportunity to make tons more if they just had a little more cooperation from their employees. Someone I flew with summed it up in one sentence. Best job I've ever had working for the worse people I've ever worked for. That's UPS. At this point I don't think it will ever change. Ok, back to looking for a job. Last job you'll ever need..........I cringed when they said it in ground school as a new hire.