Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

CitationAir Unionizing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Chile Relleno View Post
186 for, 166 against, 17 didn't vote, 1 thrown out.
Beat me to it...was just about to edit my post.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by SevereClear View Post
C-ya later, CA. It was nice knowing you guys. The new Cessna CEO will definitely hate this.
What would prompt you to say this? Do you work for CA? Is this just an opinion or based on some sort of inside info?
I wouldn't expect any CEO to "like it". After all, the pilot group basically called the management team a failure.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: just a co-pilot

Which local of the IBT is CA joining?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by seoceancrosser View Post
Which local of the IBT is CA joining?
Local 1108
Old 07-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Kritchlow View Post
What would prompt you to say this? Do you work for CA? Is this just an opinion or based on some sort of inside info?
I wouldn't expect any CEO to "like it". After all, the pilot group basically called the management team a failure.
NJA pilot group has been calling their management team a joke for almost a year or so..... Time will tell how much of a joke they really are.

Union's will not cause any company to fail. It will always and only be management inadequacies (sp?) and their focus on fighting the Union instead of running and growing the company. See NJA example.

Sorry for the semi thread hijack.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:40 AM
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

C-ya later, CA. It was nice knowing you guys. The new Cessna CEO will definitely hate this.
Probably, but considering the entire Citation manufacturing & maintenance operation in Wichita is unionized...this ain't exactly new ground for them.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Kritchlow View Post
This will cost the company millions in scheduling efficiencies that will now be non-existent due to contract obligations on crew duty, etc.

It's simple math. Cessna is sucking wind already. CA has been a bleeding financial artery since its inception.

Time for them to cut the fat.

And I do not work for CA. I did years ago and left on great terms. I am just an outsider looking in at this point.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

This will cost the company millions in scheduling efficiencies that will now be non-existent due to contract obligations on crew duty, etc.

It's simple math. Cessna is sucking wind already. CA has been a bleeding financial artery since its inception.

Time for them to cut the fat.

And I do not work for CA. I did years ago and left on great terms. I am just an outsider looking in at this point.
I doubt that.. After all, it wasn't that long ago that Cessna bought the last piece of CA to become the sole owner.
I don't really know the behind the scenes financials, but.. Suppose CA loses $10M next year, but Cessna makes $20M from selling us airplanes? Did we lose money?
Again, I have no idea if that is happening, but my point is that nobody really knows how the accounting works.

In addition, if Cessna was going to "cut the fat", that would happen with or without a union.
I also doubt it will cost CA millions to negotiate a contract... That is unless they STILL pay their high priced union busting law firm during negotiations.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Cessna isn't stupid.

No way in HELL they're going to close CitationAir and dump dozens more newish used Citations onto the used aircraft market, further depressing used values and more importantly for Mother Textron, demand for new Citations.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Cessna isn't stupid.

No way in HELL they're going to close CitationAir and dump dozens more newish used Citations onto the used aircraft market, further depressing used values and more importantly for Mother Textron, demand for new Citations.
Another good point...