Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Default L3

Has anyone interviewed with L3 recently? I am just wondering if they are still hiring and what kind of times are competitive. Also, has anyone been hired without prior overseas contract experience?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

I've applied there a couple times, always got a "thanks but no thanks" in a few weeks. The advice I got from a friend who is flying for AAR was that L3 likes pilots with 1) a security clearance, 2) time in country, and 3) time in type. Cant comment on if that's accurate or not, but it's consistant with my experience.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by SkyMall View Post
I've applied there a couple times, always got a "thanks but no thanks" in a few weeks. The advice I got from a friend who is flying for AAR was that L3 likes pilots with 1) a security clearance, 2) time in country, and 3) time in type. Cant comment on if that's accurate or not, but it's consistant with my experience.
Thanks Skymall. Did you by any chance have any internal rec's? As far as your three items go, I'm 0 for 3, but we'll see what happens...
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Babysitter

Well I'm 3 for 3 but no cigar yet....so who knows.....
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Nope. No internal recs. I just took a shot in the dark.

Another friend of mine told me that he had a buddy who recently got hired by Evergreen to fly the B1900 over there and put us in touch. That guy said he'd only been hired because he knew the guy who was leaving and they tend to basically replace themselves.

I think this is pretty well covered on all the contractor threads but Dynamic seems to be kinda like the "regional" of contractors. They're the easiest to get on with without prior experience, but the pay and work rules are the least lucrative.

Again, no personal experience but these are the conclusions I've come to after trying to break into the contractor world. I'm happy where I am, but I'll start trying again when I get bored here...
Old 03-01-2013, 02:18 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by jeffang53 View Post
Anyone think I'm competitive?

2250 TT
500 Turbine FW (modified PC-12 for special operations ISR... commanded unit...experienced in stack operations)
1700 helicopter (most of it in special operations platform)

I'll get my ATP with multi-engine add on end of this month.

Thanks!
Actually got an offer from L3 a couple of weeks ago...experience in the mission goes a long way.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.

Any one willing to talk to me about the interview gouge at L3?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

where is the hiring seem to be for ? Africa / etc ?

I heard Afghan was "winding down"

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Military commitment to Afghanistan is winding down. The need for ongoing ISR will be greater with the drawdown, not less. Less boots on the ground means more need for eyes in the sky, same as in Iraq.

Other areas also need close attention.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Military commitment to Afghanistan is winding down. The need for ongoing ISR will be greater with the drawdown, not less. Less boots on the ground means more need for eyes in the sky, same as in Iraq.

Other areas also need close attention.
The need is not in question. However who is responding to ISR if military boots on ground are pulling out. Afghans ? Good luck with that. Unless the intel developed is not for immediate ground action but for "big picture" purposes. When do we turn over airspace to Afghan authorities, versus US control? How will ISR operate in that environment. Just wait until Karzai sends everyone associated to the US flag, home, packing. Military, contractors, etc. Everyone. Gringo go home.

Etc etc

Last edited by satpak77; 04-17-2013 at 09:32 PM.