Notices
CommutAir Regional Airline

CommutAir Rumors and Info

Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Errplanes
Default CommutAir Rumors and Info

Anyone have any info about this? Rumors have been going around for quite some time, but they have been recently revitalized for some reason... Supposedly two previous offers have been turned down. Third time's a charm?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: CJ4 manager/pilot

That's the rumor around C5...supposedly that's why the company wanted to grind away and finish the contract a few weeks ago.

Don't know what the Pinnacolaba guys think about it...people around here sure want it.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: MSP CA

Pinnacle just posted another loss for the 3rd quarter and plan on taking a loss in the 4th too. I highly doubt Pinnacle is looking at purchasing another airline right now. Pinnacle stock is in the tank right now and if she doesn't upright soon, I think bankruptcy would be a more likely outcome...
Old 11-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by CAPTAINPCL View Post
Pinnacle just posted another loss for the 3rd quarter and plan on taking a loss in the 4th too. I highly doubt Pinnacle is looking at purchasing another airline right now. Pinnacle stock is in the tank right now and if she doesn't upright soon, I think bankruptcy would be a more likely outcome...
I have to agree with CaptainPCL. We still have MASSIVE transition training to accomplish due to bid re-alignment, which will take up most of 2012. While I hope the C5 guys will get better pay/work rules, they won't be joining 9E/9L/XJ anytime soon.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

commuteair folks told me on jumpseat the owner supposedly likes making the profits and wants to keep it for himself? would be fun to fly the 200 and the commuteair group are nice folks!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Its true. All CommutAir pilots will be jet CA's very soon.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
I have to agree with CaptainPCL. We still have MASSIVE transition training to accomplish due to bid re-alignment, which will take up most of 2012. While I hope the C5 guys will get better pay/work rules, they won't be joining 9E/9L/XJ anytime soon.
1st-I love how you mention yourself as "We."

2nd-You spouted off for a long time about never going to "the bottom feeder that Colgan is" and now you act like you have been here since day 1, fighting for a better life for the pilots. C5 pilots are fighting the fight and trying to make their crap hole a better place. I respect what they are doing because those of us at Colgan (The true "We") who have been here for some time, know what it is like to be crapped on and still fight for something better. Because of that, I would rather have a C5 pilot as a co-worker anyday instead of someone who calls a pilot group "trash bottom feeders" one say and "We" the next day.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Airbus button pusher

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
1st-I love how you mention yourself as "We."

2nd-You spouted off for a long time about never going to "the bottom feeder that Colgan is" and now you act like you have been here since day 1, fighting for a better life for the pilots. C5 pilots are fighting the fight and trying to make their crap hole a better place. I respect what they are doing because those of us at Colgan (The true "We") who have been here for some time, know what it is like to be crapped on and still fight for something better. Because of that, I would rather have a C5 pilot as a co-worker anyday instead of someone who calls a pilot group "trash bottom feeders" one say and "We" the next day.
I second the murderer
Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: CJ4 manager/pilot

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
C5 pilots are fighting the fight and trying to make their crap hole a better place.
Hopefully by the end of this month that'll stand true and you guys can hear a defined "NO!" vote on this contract which "contains significant improvements for every pilot on the seniority list". You can read that as a tiny raise, a joke of a commuter policy, little change to duty periods and what scheduling can and cannot do with you, and a nice caveat giving management the right to do whatever they want that is "operationally necessary", then never defining what "operationally necessary" means.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
Hopefully by the end of this month that'll stand true and you guys can hear a defined "NO!" vote on this contract which "contains significant improvements for every pilot on the seniority list". You can read that as a tiny raise, a joke of a commuter policy, little change to duty periods and what scheduling can and cannot do with you, and a nice caveat giving management the right to do whatever they want that is "operationally necessary", then never defining what "operationally necessary" means.
How dare you go against what the all mighty ALPA says!!! If they **** on your leg and tell you it's raining, then it must be raining!