Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
Climategate--The Final Chapter >

Climategate--The Final Chapter

Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Climategate--The Final Chapter

Old 04-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

God hates climate scientists: Ars meets the Westboro Baptist Church | Ars Technica
Old 04-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Climate alarmists are just that, alarmist. Otherwise they would have answers to the following statements.

CO2 does not cause climate change. Increases in temperatures occur before increases in CO2.

Fifteen or so global warmings occurred before humans were on earth. These warmings were so large that it makes the current supposed human caused 0.8C warming insignificant, very insignificant. More so, during the so-cause human caused warming period, the earth cooled for several decades thus proving that CO2 is not causal.

Do I believe humans cause warming? Sure. Every light bulb, electronic device, motor, kitchen, ... the list goes on and on .... causes heat that wouldn't otherwise be there.

The problem? A warming of the earth isn't going to kill humans. In fact, a warming of the earth causes massive plant and animal diversity.

We're going to be just fine.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Climate alarmists are just that, alarmist.
Actually, unlike you or I they are scientists and the overwhelming consensus among them is that you are completely wrong.

Climate Scientist Warns World Of Widespread Suffering If Further Climate Change Is Not Forestalled
Old 04-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)

A warming of the earth isn't going to kill humans. In fact, a warming of the earth causes massive plant and animal diversity.
Yeah, but some of those massive animals might eat humans! Who could sleep well by the light of a Cretaceous moon?
Old 04-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
Actually, unlike you or I they are scientists and the overwhelming consensus among them is that you are completely wrong.

Climate Scientist Warns World Of Widespread Suffering If Further Climate Change Is Not Forestalled
Consensus of what SOME scientists think what is happening is not fact.

Show me the scientific method applied to CO2 caused global warming which is repeatable and can be demonstrated. I'll wait.

There are scientists who also disagree with CO2 caused global warming. I know, they're a bunch of kooks right?

I have two advanced technical degrees, one of them in Physics. So that would make you the only one in this conversation not a scientist.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

The End of Doom - Reason.com
Global Warming Hiatus Is Real - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Old 04-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Show me the scientific method applied to CO2 caused global warming which is repeatable and can be demonstrated. I'll wait.
No need to wait, you just need to honestly seek the truth,

Why Carbon Dioxide Is a Greenhouse Gas - Scientific American

There are scientists who also disagree with CO2 caused global warming.
Who? Please post their information.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Downward-Facing Dog Pose

Fascists will be fascists....

The science on global warming is settled, so settled that 20 climate scientists are asking President Barack Obama to prosecute people who disagree with them on the science behind man-made global warming.

Others alarmists aren't nearly so subtle as to simply want to jail those they disagree with...

The government gave $18k to a theatre group to put on a play called “Kill the Deniers”. Because the climate debate really needs more guns, hostages, brute force, and threats right?

Well, it does if you don’t have any evidence.

Kill the Deniers ? a government-funded fantasy play where ?guns? solve climate issues « JoNova
Old 04-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Both of these articles were written by Ronald Bailey.

Ronald Bailey attended the University of Virginia, where he earned a B.A. in philosophy and economics in 1976. He worked briefly as an economist for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. From 1987 to 1990 he contributed articles to Forbes. Since 1997 he has been a science correspondent for Reason magazine. The Greenpeace project, "exxonsecrets.org" identifies the Reason Foundation, the CEI (where Bailey is an adjunct fellow) and the Cato Institute (where he is an adjunct scholar) as receiving funding from the U.S. Petroleum industry. Bailey was the 1993 Warren T. Brookes Fellow in Environmental Journalism at the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).
Old 04-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
Both of these articles were written by Ronald Bailey.

Ronald Bailey attended the University of Virginia, where he earned a B.A. in philosophy and economics in 1976. He worked briefly as an economist for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. From 1987 to 1990 he contributed articles to Forbes. Since 1997 he has been a science correspondent for Reason magazine. The Greenpeace project, "exxonsecrets.org" identifies the Reason Foundation, the CEI (where Bailey is an adjunct fellow) and the Cato Institute (where he is an adjunct scholar) as receiving funding from the U.S. Petroleum industry. Bailey was the 1993 Warren T. Brookes Fellow in Environmental Journalism at the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).
Therefore?? I can read Wikipedia, too, and you left out his accolades. Pretty convenient.

Who do you think is funding the pro climate change crowd? Maybe government and pro government intervention type organizations that are-oh, I dont know.....looking to prove the need for more government involvement and funding??!
https://ricochet.com/archives/50-nas...lobal-warming/