Notices
Foreign Airlines that hire U.S. pilots

Skymark

Old 02-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Default Skymark

Has anybody been lately in Skymark's interview as well as sim evaluation?
I would like to have info about that.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Satellite View Post
Has anybody been lately in Skymark's interview as well as sim evaluation?
I would like to have info about that.

Thanks
I have a copy of a profile used in Seattle last month. PM me with your your email and I'll send it to you today.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Default Skymark

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
I have a copy of a profile used in Seattle last month. PM me with your your email and I'll send it to you today.

My email is [email protected]
Old 02-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Satellite View Post
My email is [email protected]
On the way.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:28 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2012

my email is [email protected]

i have an interview coming up in seattle and any info that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Hi,
I have an interview in a few weeks with Skymark in Seattle. Can you email me the profiles? My email address is [email protected]
Thank you very much!
Zeke
Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: 737NG Left-Seat

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Hi Capt JNS,

I´m new to this forum, and i have tried to send you a PM, but i was unsuccessful. If possible, send me SkyMark profile and info about it, I´m applying to their screening.
Thank You!
Rogeriouzz

[email protected]

Regards
Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Feeling blessed.

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: Was I finally in the right place at the right time?

Words of warning about Skymark.

1. Rumor has it they have a pretty high failure rate in training. No uniform reason why. People I've talked to that passed felt prepared. I suspect this might be a screening problem.

2. High medical failure rate in my opinion. 2/16 in my class have failed the medical. Both were over 50, if that matters. One lost 60 lbs. in about 6 months and his blood work was "out of whack." He's been offered a later training date (fall?) if he can get it worked out. 2nd had ear surgery 15 years ago and disclosed it late. He had passed the medical the first time, but upon retaking the hearing test, they failed him. However, it was not handled well by the locals, and he may get a 3rd "hearing." <rimshot> He also has A380 CA time. In the class behind us, 3 were sent home this week. One for radial cherototomy (sp) 20 years ago, one for abnormal EEG which was not really disclosed. Both of these guys are early-out DALs. Third guy was under 50, in excellent physical shape. His dismissal was undisclosed, and I hear he doesn't want to talk about it.

So, if you're "weak" get sharp! If you have any health problems, you may not get offered the job here. Be forthcoming and bring records. Even with that, it's a tough process.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by HalinTexas View Post
Words of warning about Skymark.

1. Rumor has it they have a pretty high failure rate in training. No uniform reason why. People I've talked to that passed felt prepared. I suspect this might be a screening problem.

2. High medical failure rate in my opinion. 2/16 in my class have failed the medical. Both were over 50, if that matters. One lost 60 lbs. in about 6 months and his blood work was "out of whack." He's been offered a later training date (fall?) if he can get it worked out. 2nd had ear surgery 15 years ago and disclosed it late. He had passed the medical the first time, but upon retaking the hearing test, they failed him. However, it was not handled well by the locals, and he may get a 3rd "hearing." <rimshot> He also has A380 CA time. In the class behind us, 3 were sent home this week. One for radial cherototomy (sp) 20 years ago, one for abnormal EEG which was not really disclosed. Both of these guys are early-out DALs. Third guy was under 50, in excellent physical shape. His dismissal was undisclosed, and I hear he doesn't want to talk about it.

So, if you're "weak" get sharp! If you have any health problems, you may not get offered the job here. Be forthcoming and bring records. Even with that, it's a tough process.
No different in China, Korea, India, an other Asian Countries. I suppose the observation above is just that.... rumors, until those asked to go home respond on this forum with their experiences.

I do believe it would behoove the contracting agencies to engage the services of medical professionals to provide consultation for prospective crews to avoid both embarrassing and costly failures.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: DCA756FO

Any more recent experiences with Skymark?

Haven't seen much on here but they seem to have a pretty aggressive growth plan...