Position: 737 Left Seat
Default JetBlue Names New Leaders

JetBlue Names New Leaders in Operations and Inflight

Press Release: JetBlue Airways – 1 hour 12 minutes ago

JetBlue Airways Corporation
RELATED QUOTES
Symbol Price Change
JBLU 4.98 +0.03

NEW YORK, March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU - News) today names the following new Leaders for the value airline:
Jeff Martin has been named Senior Vice President – Operations for JetBlue, reporting to Chief Operating Officer Rob Maruster, and will be responsible for the safe, efficient and productive operation of the airline. In this newly created position, the following departments will report to Mr. Martin: Flight Operations, Technical Operations, Operations Planning & Analysis, and NextGen initiatives. Mr. Martin comes to JetBlue after a 22-year career with Southwest Airlines, most recently as Vice President, Operations Coordination where he oversaw the operation of over 3,200 daily flights and a fleet of 550 aircraft. Mr. Martin is also a pilot who flew the line at Southwest his entire career there, even as he took on a multitude of leadership roles of increasing responsibility. He also served in the Unites States Air Force flying KC-10's prior to beginning his commercial aviation career.

(Logo: Login)
Mr. Martin graduated with a BS degree in Marketing from Pittsburgh State University. He and his wife Susan will be relocating from Dallas to the New York area and will work out of the carrier's Long Island City Support Center. He is also currently in the process of completing his Airbus A320 type rating and certification.
"Jeff's unique combination of leadership experience, from both the flight line and the command center and appreciation of our unique culture will contribute greatly to JetBlue's success going forward," Mr. Maruster said. "We welcome him to JetBlue."
"It's an honor to join a company such as JetBlue, who has carried on a fine tradition of continually innovating the commercial airline industry," Mr. Martin said. "I look forward to serving Crewmembers with better planning and execution on the company's side, so they are best positioned to serve our customers."

Alex Battaglia, formerly Vice President-Airports, will continue to report to Mr. Maruster with expanded responsibilities. Mr. Battaglia will now oversee Airports and System Operations (SOC), an area he has led since June on an interim basis.
"Alex has proven his ability to lead both Airports and SOC, and aligning these two groups under him makes perfect sense," Mr. Maruster said. "Our recent improvements in our operating performance are directly attributed to Alex's leadership, and the synergies he has created in the daily operation will continue within this new structure."
"JetBlue is fortunate to have two distinct teams of the most professional crewmembers supporting the operation as the teams in Airports and SOC," Mr. Battaglia said. "I look forward to serving with Jeff and our other colleagues in the Operations Leadership Team to best support JetBlue's 14,000+ crewmembers."

Mr. Battaglia joined JetBlue in 2007 as Vice President of JetBlue's JFK Operations in New York. His role expanded to Vice President, Airports in 2009. Mr. Battaglia came to JetBlue after a 24-year career with Delta Air Lines in roles of increasing responsibility, culminating in the position of director of JFK Operations.

Also today, Rachel McCarthy was named Vice President, Inflight Experience, effective April 2. Currently serving as Director, Inflight Field Operations, Ms. McCarthy will report to Robin Hayes, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. She will be responsible for cultivating the environment that helps JetBlue's Inflight crewmembers evolve and deliver the award-winning JetBlue Experience.

"Our professional Inflight crewmembers deliver award-winning and personalized service on our 750 daily flights," Mr. Hayes said. "I'm pleased to appoint Rachel as their leader and advocate, ensuring their ability to continue creating loyal customers remains strong."

Ms. McCarthy joined JetBlue in 2009 as director, Product Development, where she was responsible for creating and implementing a number of innovative products and services, including JetBlue's Even More Space, EatUp snack boxes and the launch of JetBlue's partnership with ViaSat, the company powering the airline's upcoming inflight connectivity offering. Ms. McCarthy began her airline career in 1987 and has held a number of commercial roles of increasing responsibility at Delta Air Lines and United.

"Inflight Services is a vital piece of JetBlue's brand," Ms. McCarthy said. "I look forward to serving JetBlue in my new role and continuing our tradition of high-quality and award-winning service on every flight."
Ms. McCarthy succeeds Vicky Stennes, who will retire from JetBlue effective March 31. Ms. Stennes served as JetBlue's Vice President, Inflight Experience since the role was created in 2003.

"On behalf of the company, I would like to thank Vicky for her enormous contribution to our success," Mr. Hayes said. "We wish her the very best."
About JetBlue Airways.

Good night, and good luck.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

VP Ops from the outside? No one acceptable from the inside?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Sounds like the SWA folks are happy to see this guy go, lucky us. Would love to hear from a SWA guy exactly what we're in for...?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Line Holder

What if he can't pass 320 training?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

[QUOTE=whatifguy;1147555..... Would love to hear from a SWA guy exactly what we're in for...? [/QUOTE]

VP Ops from outside? Sounds like you're in for an acquisition...

What does your CBA have to say about mergers and acqui .... Oh, never mind.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 F.O.

Originally Posted by whatifguy View Post
Sounds like the SWA folks are happy to see this guy go, lucky us. Would love to hear from a SWA guy exactly what we're in for...?
Be afraid, be very, very afraid. Suffice it to say he was not seen as a "pilot advocate."
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Never met the dude but felt I got to know him thru thousands of memo's etc about how to do my job better. All good stuff, I assure you.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 F.O.

Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
Never met the dude but felt I got to know him thru thousands of memo's etc about how to do my job better. All good stuff, I assure you.
Full disclosure, I never met him either.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by whatifguy View Post
At your first grip & grin with him, be sure to ask for his thoughts on the Bose QC-2/U-FlyMike combo.

Actually, this move probably just ups the odds that WN will buy B6 sometime down the road....
Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
VP Ops from the outside? No one acceptable from the inside?
Ummm...No!