Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Old 09-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by stillcantfly View Post
Alright for every one asking questions about Surfair first let me say I am an employee and no I Don't drink the koolaid. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!!!!! the company is a mormon based family oriented company that really really cares about you as a person and your family! now that being said we have scheduled flights and they have to be covered but they will do what ever they can to accommodate you! schedule is being worked out for a 5 on followed by 5 off now thats sill a work in progress, but really close to it. Pay varies depending on Capt or FO and Hrs of experience. The CEO is WAY laid back and gets it!!! take care of your employees and we will take care of our members. The CEO has an open door policy you wanna talk to him go and see him at his office vary understanding cant say enough good positive things about this place now we will have growing pains and all the upper management knows and expects it! they listen to there employees with suggestions to fix any issues. great place to be! glad to be here cant wait to see this place explode!! everyone from ground to flight to management is all really easy to get along with we all get together and go to the beach to do bon fires, surf hahaha no pun intended and hang out and create a family oriented community!!
I absolutely love you guys man. Met so many great people from SA that fly in and out of SQL. I can positively say that these guys hire yougreatly based off of your personality. I would personally do anything to work for surfair whether it be on the ground in business, flight coordinator or a pilot. I am sometimes out at SQL cleaning my dad's A36 so i occasionally get to see the PC12 come in and out, and get some advice from the pilots. I just wish i had the hours. Just another 1,000 to go before i am even considered.

Maybe I've seen you around.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

I remember reading about the schedule being a 5/5? Is this still the case, I can't seem to find much more on it?
Old 09-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Fishing Florida Daily

You going to California now?
Old 09-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Have they added flights and planes?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Have they added flights and planes?
Not yet. They are supposedly getting some more funding later this year
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
Not yet. They are supposedly getting some more funding later this year
How many rounds of funds is this? They just need to make a profit and hire me already. I love this company and their idea.

It does sound a bit like they want to reinvent the wheel though.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Surf Air | CrunchBase Profile

$3.76 million Series A
$7 million Series B

So not counting founder and angel funding, at least $10.76 million.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Ouch. I am no expert but with only 2 airplanes, that is gonna be a hard plan to turn a profit.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

So anyways, someone that works at Surf air like to answer my post about the schedule? 5 on 5 off?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
How many rounds of funds is this? They just need to make a profit and hire me already. I love this company and their idea.

It does sound a bit like they want to reinvent the wheel though.
Are you originally from CA? Most of the pilots that i've met are generally around Burbank/LA area. A few are around the SFo area.

I guess once they get more aircraft and routes they'll take more pilots

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Ouch. I am no expert but with only 2 airplanes, that is gonna be a hard plan to turn a profit.
They have 3 airplanes

Last edited by Hawker445; 09-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.