Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

New flying for G7?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: 206

Originally Posted by What View Post
You missed the whole point, it's not about your airplane being being more broken than mine, it's about the disparity we have in the regional bussiness with regards to training and maintenance.
The biggest different between TSH companies and the rest of the regionals is the owner of TSH is also the CEO. Thus, he can run a bare bones operation and get away with it.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B767F FO

Originally Posted by doofenshmirtz View Post
Dude, you consider people that work @ gojet your friends? If I had a friend that decided to go there and further erode at what's left of this profession so he or she can get their "quick upgrade" and move on...ugh, I just don't understand people anymore, they have zero respect for themselves and even less for others. It truly is as they say a "race to the bottom"
How do you like flying your RJ? And you don't include yourself in the "race to the bottom..." Maybe you should have taken a job flying turboprops instead.

Although I suppose you have rationalized it in your mind, and will probably respond to me by saying "but it's different because...". Yeah, OK. And that's why mainline's #1 concern is scope...
Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Frenchy plane/ Left

Originally Posted by gold View Post
You sound just like my friend that works at GoJet. He says the same kind of stuff.
Dude, you consider people that work @ gojet your friends? If I had a friend that decided to go there and further erode at what's left of this profession so he or she can get their "quick upgrade" and move on...ugh, I just don't understand people anymore, they have zero respect for themselves and even less for others. It truly is as they say a "race to the bottom"
Glass houses. I would hope your friends would return your outstanding gesture. TOTD. Grow up
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by Wingtips View Post
The point was they had these planes for a period of time and they are still by far the worst in our fleet, and went out of service for 6 months to be repaired for a 2 year contract
Sorry, but WRONG! Each jet had 30 days for its heavy check. Each one was done within its 30 day limit.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Back to the right

Originally Posted by pause View Post
Glass houses. I would hope your friends would return your outstanding gesture. TOTD. Grow up
Thats the point, they took the first throw bro! Many, many people could go to G7, lots and lots of qualified pilots out here
Old 06-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Back to the right

Originally Posted by IQuitEagle View Post
How do you like flying your RJ? And you don't include yourself in the "race to the bottom..." Maybe you should have taken a job flying turboprops instead.

Although I suppose you have rationalized it in your mind, and will probably respond to me by saying "but it's different because...". Yeah, OK. And that's why mainline's #1 concern is scope...
Um ok, yeah turboprops are perfectly fine with me for the right amont of coin and quality of life, I would rather see RJ flying at mainline, thats the point of my post. If we all justify that the place we are going is crappy but I will get in the left seat quick well you know the rest.... SCOPE saves our future, I vote take it all back, but it will never happen, so I will fight for the best contract I can get to pass it on to those who come after me. I will not however be recycled into some other sub par airline and include myself in the race to the bottom
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
7.27%

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Boeing

Um ok, yeah turboprops are perfectly fine with me for the right amont of coin and quality of life, I would rather see RJ flying at mainline, thats the point of my post. If we all justify that the place we are going is crappy but I will get in the left seat quick well you know the rest.... SCOPE saves our future, I vote take it all back, but it will never happen, so I will fight for the best contract I can get to pass it on to those who come after me. I will not however be recycled into some other sub par airline and include myself in the race to the bottom
So what airline do you work for?

PtP
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B767F FO

And you don't see the hypocrisy in your outlook? That is my point. The fact that you are willing to fly an RJ is an example of how you are contributing to the race to the bottom. Imagine if everyone refused to fly RJ's at regionals?

So then, why do you do it? To get experience and move on...hmmm...

And I wonder, do you work at TSA? If you do, do you really think that it is not a "sub-par" regional??!! Funny, ask the old school Eagle guys what they think about that...

I am of the opinion that all regionals suck, no one regional has more LASTING leverage than another; they are there, for the most part, to provide experience to be able to move on. But if you insist on pretending that YOUR regional is somehow better, well, whatever helps you sleep at night, I suppose...
Old 06-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Does anyone know anything about G7's new DO? Worked with comair for quite some time.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by bernouli View Post
Does anyone know anything about G7's new DO? Worked with comair for quite some time.
What's his initials? What's with Hulas picking up ex-Comair management?