Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Career Builder > Flight Schools and Training
ATP Inc. Purchases 20 Diamond Jets >

ATP Inc. Purchases 20 Diamond Jets

Search
Notices
Flight Schools and Training Ratings, building hours, airmanship, CFI topics

ATP Inc. Purchases 20 Diamond Jets

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: CRJ
Default ATP Inc. Purchases 20 Diamond Jets

ATP Purchases Fleet of 20 Diamond D-JETs and is Selected by Diamond to Perform D-JET Training
See Photos »

PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA — November 9, 2006

ATP has always differentiated
itself from other flight schools
by flying mostly multi-engine
aircraft. The D-JET will further
differentiate ATP with the
addition of jet aircraft to the
training fleet.
Airline Transport Professionals (ATP) today announced its purchase of 20 Diamond D-JETs and 5 Diamond Flight Training Devices (FTDs) and the formation of a strategic training partnership with Diamond Aircraft, in which ATP will provide factory-approved initial type ratings and recurrent training in the Diamond D-JET at locations across the U.S.

ATP currently provides more pilots to the regional airlines than any other single flight school, college, or academy. With the D-JET, ATP will even better prepare Airline Career Pilot Program students for the regional airlines by supplementing their nationwide multi-engine experience with jet experience flying in a crew environment between ATP’s nationwide training centers. Already ATP trains students in a Cessna CitationJet for a jet aircraft introductory flight that includes high altitude and high performance endorsements. Operating efficiencies of the D-JET will allow ATP to dramatically increase the amount of jet experience, highly valued by the regional airlines, provided to Airline Career Pilot Program students. ATP has always differentiated itself from other flight schools by flying mostly multi-engine aircraft. The D-JET will further differentiate ATP with the addition of jet aircraft to the training fleet.

Diamond chose to work with ATP for D-JET training, initial type ratings and recurrent training due to its 22-year track record of providing consistently high quality, standardized flight training and affordable prices on a nationwide level. ATP has become the leading provider of multi-engine ratings and Airline Transport Pilot certifications in the nation. ATP will leverage this nationwide general aviation flight training experience to provide conveniently accessible training and initial operating experience to D-JET pilots. Diamond will deliver ATP’s first D-JET in July of 2009, about one year after starting delivery of production aircraft. As part of the strategic training partnership, Diamond will make aircraft available to ATP concurrently with the first aircraft deliveries in 2008, allowing the D-JET’s first delivery customers to receive training at any of ATP’s D-JET Training Centers. D-JET customers will be able to gain early access to D-JET training so that they are trained and ready to fly upon taking delivery of their aircraft.

“ATP looks forward to working closely with Diamond to ensure that D-JET training is readily available with nationwide convenience to D-JET purchasers. Our dispatch and flight operations team does an excellent job managing the logistics of our current fleet of nearly 100 aircraft. While monumental in the history of our company, 20 D-JETs will seamlessly integrate into the ATP system.” said Derrick Dennis, President of ATP.

Diamond Aircraft is dedicated to providing general aviation with safe, economical and inspiring aircraft. From facilities in London, Ontario, Canada and Wiener Neustadt, Austria, Diamond produces the DA20, DA40, DA42 and D-JET. For more information on Diamond Aircraft visit www.diamondaircraft.com or call 888-359-3220.

In 1984 ATP pioneered accelerated, professional multi-engine flight training with an emphasis on pilot career development. Today ATP’s Airline Training Programs prepare pilots for airline careers with nationwide flying experience in multi-engine and jet aircraft. Airline hiring partnership letters recognize the value of this experience by offering ATP pilots specially reduced flight time minimums for airline employment, enabling pilots to reach their career goals faster. ATP flies over 5,000 hours and provides more than 300 FAA pilot certifications each month at 22 locations nationwide. For more information visit www.ALLATPS.com.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Who Cares

Wonder what affect that will have on the $24,995 direct track program
Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: ERJ Right Seat

Originally Posted by captchris View Post
Wonder what affect that will have on the $24,995 direct track program
It will become the $44,995 direct track program! Mark my words, with fuel at current prices, plus the additional expenses associated with jets, this will not be cheap ticket.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

And all the SE Jet time you can buy!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

What ever your opinion of them you have to agree that ATP has always been at the top of the flight training food chain for pumping out pilots left and right....maybe this is an attempt to stay there. But I'm just not sure if its a great idea to send these low timers out around the country in a jet....
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Pilotpip View Post
And all the SE Jet time you can buy!!!!
I know that's the problem I see with this equation. I'm sure they'll have a big sticker right above the EICAS that reads "Do not attempt V1 cuts".
Old 11-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jdr7225 View Post
What ever your opinion of them you have to agree that ATP has always been at the top of the flight training food chain for pumping out pilots left and right....maybe this is an attempt to stay there. But I'm just not sure if its a great idea to send these low timers out around the country in a jet....
Now come on, I don't particularly care for ATP, but give them a little bit of credit. I'm sure they'll type experienced instructors in it, other wise they probably wouldn't be able to afford the insurance premiums...a little common sense Chief.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Now come on, I don't particularly care for ATP, but give them a little bit of credit. I'm sure they'll type experienced instructors in it, other wise they probably wouldn't be able to afford the insurance premiums...a little common sense Chief.
Well lets just hope so.....Chief
Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jdr7225 View Post
Well lets just hope so.....Chief

Roger. Roger.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post

Define "experienced instructors".

600TT 550ME may get you a job at a regional these days, but does it really make you an "Experienced Instructor"? If not, how the hell are they going to get said Instructor if thier people keep making the jump at that point? Pay them more than at a Regional job? Not likely.