Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Disregard.....
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Assistant Greens Keeper

9E tried it in 07 the union broke it it quick. They also tried to up first year pay and the union broke that too.
Good on them.
Eagle as an ALPA carrier should fight this.
I wonder why republic has to offer a bonus... I mean their planes have 76 seats and the engines are under the wings? Mainline carriers like republic and compass should have people falling at their feet.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Only for the suckers that take the bait!

Who knows where this industry will be in 2 years. Would suck to see your buddies getting hired into the right seat of an airbus while you're locked in an E170 at $31 an hour & counting down the months.

No thanks.
If you were actually lucky enough to get that job in under 2 years then you could always pay the prorated amount with your mainline pay which would still put you ahead.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 737 FO

Are these hiring bonuses causing the current pilot groups to look down upon the new hires?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: First Officer

Originally Posted by Gjn290 View Post
Are these hiring bonuses causing the current pilot groups to look down upon the new hires?
I sure hope not. Anyone who would look down on a new hire receiving a sign on bonus if just a sour schmuck. New hires are also fellow aviators and we should be happy they're getting a little extra instead of being jealous. There are just to many pilots that are never happy and **** on everything good. They complain about first year pay being to low and when the company offers a bonus to new hires they scream foul, thats f'ed up!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by blaine View Post
I sure hope not. Anyone who would look down on a new hire receiving a sign on bonus if just a sour schmuck. New hires are also fellow aviators and we should be happy they're getting a little extra instead of being jealous. There are just to many pilots that are never happy and **** on everything good. They complain about first year pay being to low and when the company offers a bonus to new hires they scream foul, thats f'ed up!
I couldn't agree more with you. I hope everyone feels the same. But I'm sure there are more than a few who don't.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Gjn290 View Post
I couldn't agree more with you. I hope everyone feels the same. But I'm sure there are more than a few who don't.
Add me as being in agreement. The second line in post 12 speaks volumes. "Good on them"? Really man? Good on them for trying to stop a better payscale? (...sigh...)
Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: 320 CA

The reason unions get mad at sign on bonuses is because it takes negotiating capital away. The union wants new hires to get paid more, but they want it in the contract so the company can not take it away on a whim. That is why unions try to squash these kind of things.

That being said any line pilot that gets mad at a new hire for taking this money is a tool.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: ERJ-170

They have gotten away with it at RAH because they are offering it as a "pre-employment bonus" before they are hired and a member of the union. It is crap but the horse has left the barn at this point.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Upright

Originally Posted by Wiscopilot View Post
They have gotten away with it at RAH because they are offering it as a "pre-employment bonus" before they are hired and a member of the union. It is crap but the horse has left the barn at this point.
I can almost guarantee that wouldn't pass the smell test in front of an arbitrator.