Notices

Delta Hiring News

Old 08-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by WARich View Post
Give me a break......heck I fly the T-6 and still say to myself as we takeoff......"Positive rate, good engines, gear up".......my fellow ct buds still laugh since we only have 1 engine......... and I will probably always say gear down full stop......but is it a safety issue.....nope........not even close..
Look out! He's been institutionalized!

(You completely missed the point... lighten up and try to have fun!)
Old 08-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Babysitter

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Look out! He's been institutionalized!

(You completely missed the point... lighten up and try to have fun!)
umm, that was my whole point.....
Old 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by dalad View Post
I'll chime in here, I had a new hire as my sim partner when I upgraded to 7ER A back in 2008. USAF fighter guy. In the sim he made the following radio call "Delta 757 gear down full stop". I had to chuckle as I said " all our landings are full stops". As a former fighter guy I have to admit I benefited greatly from riding side saddle my first year, the regional guys have the airline flow down when they come here.
Reminds me of my first sim...I call glide slope intercept, gear, stop. My sim partner was retired C-17 guy and my instructor was a former RF-4 guy, both had a great laugh. I'll take that over getting crap from my the rest of my 4-ship on aux, when I answer a radio call with my airline name instead of flight callsign. That will be a shot at the next roll call.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Urban chicken rancher.

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
I wouldn't have an answer for that, but for other reasons. If Delta were to hire me, unlikely, I would probably donate my salary to charity anyway.
Uhh, ok. Then why move up to DAL? Just send your paychecks to the Ford Foundation. Sheesh. Eye roll. Shrug. You get it.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

To hell with that! Get hired, buddy bid with me and buy my beer

I wouldn't have an answer for that, but for other reasons. If Delta were to hire me, unlikely, I would probably donate my salary to charity anyway.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by WARich View Post
Give me a break......heck I fly the T-6 and still say to myself as we takeoff......"Positive rate, good engines, gear up".......my fellow ct buds still laugh since we only have 1 engine......... and I will probably always say gear down full stop......but is it a safety issue.....nope........not even close..
Make sure to reference any flight paperwork as part of "the mission folder" and the active runway as "the duty runway".

LGA controllers LOVE hearing that.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 PM
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by buzzpat View Post
Just send your paychecks to the Ford Foundation.
Now that's hitting below the belt, you of all people should know Liberals don't actually donate any money to charity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...tof.html?_r=3&
Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Too funny! I wish they had asked me that, it would have been much easier for me to answer than, "Who else do you want to work for..."

When I was going through right seat KC135 school at Castle AFB, the day they paired us up with our new Aircraft Commanders, mine looks at me with a very stern face and says, "Do you drink?"

I'm thinking...hmmm...why is he asking me this? He looks pretty straight, I wonder if I should fake it....nah, screw it, I'm in the Guard, what can he do to me?

So I answered, "Only to excess!"

He smiled broadly and said, "Good! I'm sick and tired of these Axxholes who don't drink!"

We had a lot of fun together going through Castle, and 3 years later he got hired at Delta as well.
I CFI'd there now that it's civilian and still open. I would have like to have seen it back in the day.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Urban chicken rancher.

Now that's hitting below the belt, you of all people should know Liberals don't actually donate any money to charity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...tof.html?_r=3&
I live in LA. They definitely do.

And you're quoting the NYT. Nice. Keep going, I'm here all week.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by dalad View Post
In my interview, with retired Captain Dick Tidwell, he stated "I'm going to ask you a question those FAPA guys don't have, do you eat pu$$y?" My answer? " It has to be shaved. I like a clean working surface". I guess I passed. My other interviewer was Dan Funk. I think his jaw hit the floor.
Are you a she?