National Air Cargo Donation Website

Notices
In Memory Of Pay your respects to fallen aviators

National Air Cargo Donation Website

Old 05-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Not to sound jaded, but before I donate, I'd like to know what entity or individual is receiving the funds submitted through that site. There's no name, phone number, physical address, or info of any sort other than an email that's connected to the website itself.

I'd much rather see a physical bank account in either the name of a legally established trust or the families themselves than an anonymous pay pal account that has no third party oversight.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by FlyerJosh View Post
Not to sound jaded, but before I donate, I'd like to know what entity or individual is receiving the funds submitted through that site. There's no name, phone number, physical address, or info of any sort other than an email that's connected to the website itself.

I'd much rather see a physical bank account in either the name of a legally established trust or the families themselves than an anonymous pay pal account that has no third party oversight.
It looks pretty legit, but I agree. I can ask one of the families and see if there is an actual affiliation. I hadn't heard of this until I saw it hear.

Something needs to be done though, these wives and families are not being taken care of the way I think they should, for the high-level work these men were doing.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Confirmed. This site was created by a national airlines wife, and the families are aware of it. Please give generously and encourage others to do so.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Nice website. I donated what I could.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Guys I must agree with FlyerJosh, this website is a fantastic idea, and I would really like to donate. However there is no mention about who is the administrator of the website is or who exactly the funds are going to. I can't help but be cautious as this could be anyone with a small amount of knowledge of the accident that is trying to take advantage of the awful situation. If anyone is personally involved with the donation website please fix the issues because the families of those lost are deserving of all the help they can get.

Thank you
Old 05-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

I'd prefer to mail a check, so can someone provide an address? Thank you.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by TimingANDluck View Post
Guys I must agree with FlyerJosh, this website is a fantastic idea, and I would really like to donate. However there is no mention about who is the administrator of the website is or who exactly the funds are going to. I can't help but be cautious as this could be anyone with a small amount of knowledge of the accident that is trying to take advantage of the awful situation. If anyone is personally involved with the donation website please fix the issues because the families of those lost are deserving of all the help they can get.

Thank you
You've got to read a little bit before you discourage others, please. This is a wife at national who made this page, and the page itself says funds will be split each month between the families as long as people are willing to give.

This is a legitimate page and a great cause.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
You've got to read a little bit before you discourage others, please. This is a wife at national who made this page, and the page itself says funds will be split each month between the families as long as people are willing to give.

This is a legitimate page and a great cause.
+1............
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: FA-20 CA

When you make the donation it goes to a paypal account managed by a current national pilot.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:10 AM
In The Clouds

Joined APC: Apr 2011

First donation made.