Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Spirit
Spirit Airlines current hiring >

Spirit Airlines current hiring

Notices

Spirit Airlines current hiring

Old 05-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

looks like Contract 2020 is turning into Contract 2022...I hope they give me a new green lanyard because mine is already faded
Old 05-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

It'll be weather or an impossible amount of overtime, or just blatant cancellations with no phone calls pick stuff up (the last one happened for days while we cancelled flights over the weekend) that causes the next meltdown. This is the company's play: They will sue ALPA claiming a violation of the status quo even though the pilots are picking up more flying than normal. Then they will tie us up in court for months and there won't be any negotiations. This place sucks
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Bum Hands View Post
I know both status quo rulings very well. Those rulings were for alpa to stop promoting its "no overtime" campaign. Something our alpa has not done. Have you ever gotten an e mail from our union saying so? I certainly have not. Status Quo is not a contract if our pilots and union are not breaking said contract than there is nothing any court can do. Violating your beloved status quo does nothing. No pilot group can be forced to work overtime PERIOD, just because they did before contract negotiations. If you read the court ruling in regards to spirt it was against alpa and pilots encouraging people not to fly. A single pilot can tell someone whatever they want. But the court ruling was for alpa to encourage status quo and that's it. Grow a pair and Status Quo my ass.
For the record, I don't fly for Spirit and never have flown for Spirit. Neither DALPA nor APA suggested that pilots stop flying overtime prior to those rulings.

My recommendation to all Spirit pilots is to get hired at one of the big 4. Spirit's management has always treated their employees like crap. How long did Spirit drag their feet on getting flight crews KCM?
Old 05-24-2017, 07:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

alpa negotiating strategy.....do nothing and bully your members to work on their days off and threaten them that if they don't they won't get a contract and it will be their fault........seems logical....take my 2%
Old 05-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by SourGrapes View Post
alpa negotiating strategy.....do nothing and bully your members to work on their days off and threaten them that if they don't they won't get a contract and it will be their fault........seems logical....take my 2%
Sign me up! Time to start removing leadership!
Old 05-25-2017, 04:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Staying united is our best choice.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Super EZ E View Post
That's exactly what they want. They don't have to stall when we do it for them. No infighting! How about go to a unity event or call a rep and find out why you're getting these types of emails instead of making inflammatory posts that will only hurt the group with respect to the real goal. You wanna start calling for heads now, contract 2030
Old 05-25-2017, 06:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Super EZ E View Post
I saw your username several times in the TRO. You'd think you might have learned something from that experience, but apparently you haven't. Get off this site. You are a cancer to this pilot group
Old 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Sitting and scratching...

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Upright

Hiring question; please refrain from telling me to stay away or asking if I have even been following the current climate because I have. My situation and current situation align me with a different need and vision for the long term. With the disclaimer out of the way, my question is this:
I took the online assessment a week ago yesterday and haven't heard anything from HR; does this lapse clue me in that I was unsuccessful or does it take a little longer to hear and move on to the next phase?

Thank you in advance for the constructive assistance!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by silver fleet View Post
Hiring question; please refrain from telling me to stay away or asking if I have even been following the current climate because I have. My situation and current situation align me with a different need and vision for the long term. With the disclaimer out of the way, my question is this:
I took the online assessment a week ago yesterday and haven't heard anything from HR; does this lapse clue me in that I was unsuccessful or does it take a little longer to hear and move on to the next phase?

Thank you in advance for the constructive assistance!
I think I read a few pages back that there is no rhyme or reason why some hear back within a couple of days vs a couple of months. I'd say if 3 months pass and you don't hear anything then you aren't going to. I wish they'd send applicants an email saying "we looked at your resume and we aren't interested at this time" when they don't make the cut. Good luck