Notices

Frontier Hiring.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Qualified to carry liquids through security.

How many are they looking to hire?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 320

I got the Thanks but no thanks email today also. Quickest one I have had
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Did you get the "your application has been recieved" email first?
The Fly... Yes, I got the application accepted email last night, 30 minutes after I submitted, and then this morning the rejection email.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2011

They are working furiously to get a class ready for Sept/Oct (we are extremely short on the FO side). I would imagine they are going through the apps as soon as they come in, but i have no idea what their rejection criteria is. It's amazing how quick things get done when desperation is involved.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Chicago (ORD/MDW)
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Shouldn't this be in the regional area?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Farmlover View Post
Shouldn't this be in the regional area?
Ouch! That was uncalled for. Last I checked they flew narrow bodies.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by tom14cat14 View Post
I got the Thanks but no thanks email today also. Quickest one I have had

Hey Tom14,

You got a 4 year? I only have an associates, I bet that's what killed me so quickly. Other than that - no flight times, or types were asked, so I'm thinking that's all they had to go on. Unless my spilling the beans about the ticket I got for not registering my car within 60 days of moving to Florida put the nail in the coffin.

[Warning TMI]

You know, getting hired at a Major is more of a lifestyle than anything. When I rolled the dice on waiting to register the car, I never even thought "Airline Career could be in Jeopardy" Probably should have. Or all those years I tried to convince myself that a decade's service to my country in the US Navy, pulling sea duty on several aircraft carriers, would carry as much weight as a bachelors degree. Boy that was a deep dark and dirty little lie I whispered to myself, cuz it don't! Not even close. But we all know this, and I'm an idiot for not knocking it out. Never too late, I suppose.

PS. I purposely used the word don't when I should have used doesn't.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
Hey Tom14,

You got a 4 year? I only have an associates, I bet that's what killed me so quickly. Other than that - no flight times, or types were asked, so I'm thinking that's all they had to go on. Unless my spilling the beans about the ticket I got for not registering my car within 60 days of moving to Florida put the nail in the coffin.

[Warning TMI]

You know, getting hired at a Major is more of a lifestyle than anything. When I rolled the dice on waiting to register the car, I never even thought "Airline Career could be in Jeopardy" Probably should have. Or all those years I tried to convince myself that a decade's service to my country in the US Navy, pulling sea duty on several aircraft carriers, would carry as much weight as a bachelors degree. Boy that was a deep dark and dirty little lie I whispered to myself, cuz it don't! Not even close. But we all know this, and I'm an idiot for not knocking it out. Never too late, I suppose.

PS. I purposely used the word don't when I should have used doesn't.

I wouldn't take it too personally this first time around. With class being run so quickly, they probably are looking for specific jobs held at that persons current airline and are being very picky.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by EMB120IP View Post
I wouldn't take it too personally this first time around. With class being run so quickly, they probably are looking for specific jobs held at that persons current airline and are being very picky.
I hadn't thought of that. You're probably right; instead of "pilot" in the box, perhaps "check airman" would grab. I got ya.