Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

AA and LCC settled suit

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011
Default AA and LCC settled suit

Can't find a link yet, it's fresh news but the suit has been settled this am.
I was trading AAMRQ that's why I know ($$$)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:24 AM
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

It'll be interesting to see what sort of divestitures had to happen to get this through and which airlines will be the beneficiaries of those divestitures.

So...what's the next consolidation scenario?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:27 AM
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

AMR-US Airways Said to Settle U.S. Merger Antitrust Suit - Bloomberg
Old 11-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by tuktukdriver View Post
Can't find a link yet, it's fresh news but the suit has been settled this am.
I was trading AAMRQ that's why I know ($$$)
Are you hoping to get real stock when the merger gets completed? I would think that all (AAMRQ) gets flushed when merged???

Let it ride.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
It'll be interesting to see what sort of divestitures had to happen to get this through and which airlines will be the beneficiaries of those divestitures.

So...what's the next consolidation scenario?
AMR, US Air Confirm Settlement with US DoJ | Benzinga

"Under the terms of the settlement, the airlines will divest 52 slot pairs at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) and 17 slot pairs at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as certain gates and related facilities to support service at those airports.[i] The airlines also will divest two gates and related support facilities at each of Boston Logan International Airport, Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Dallas Love Field, Los Angeles International Airport, and Miami International Airport. The divestitures will occur through a DOJ approved process following the completion of the merger. Despite the divestitures, the new American is still expected to generate more than $1 billion in annual net synergies beginning in 2015, as was estimated when the merger was announced in February."
Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Driving a Bus for Recreational Pleasure.

CNN is saying they're giving up 104 DCA slots and they're selling to LCCs only. That's pretty significant if its true.

US Airways and American Airlines reach deal with Justice to allow merger - Nov. 12, 2013
Old 11-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by MusicPilot View Post
CNN is saying they're giving up 104 DCA slots and they're selling to LCCs only. That's pretty significant if its true.

US Airways and American Airlines reach deal with Justice to allow merger - Nov. 12, 2013
It's 52 slot pairs, or 15% of DCA operation.

"Under the terms of the settlement, the airlines will divest 52 slot pairs at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) and 17 slot pairs at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as certain gates and related facilities to support service at those airports. "

AMR Corporation and US Airways Announce Settlement with U.S. Department of Justice and State AGs | New American Arriving
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: Pilot Monitoring

The settlement wil result in the new American operating 44 fewer DCA daily departures than the 290 that American and US Airways currently operate. At LGA, 12 fewer daily departures than the approximately 175 collectively operated today.
Included are eight DCA slot pairs that American currently leases to JetBlue and five LGA slot pairs that American leases to Southwest.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Stetson29 View Post
The settlement wil result in the new American operating 44 fewer DCA daily departures than the 290 that American and US Airways currently operate. At LGA, 12 fewer daily departures than the approximately 175 collectively operated today.
Included are eight DCA slot pairs that American currently leases to JetBlue and five LGA slot pairs that American leases to Southwest.
So AA reduces small markets and JB adds more 59$ fares to FL.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by Rabid Seagull View Post
Are you hoping to get real stock when the merger gets completed? I would think that all (AAMRQ) gets flushed when merged???

Let it ride.
Hoping isn't trading, it's investing...
I'm not an investor, I trade the momentum during the day.
AAMRQ will probably get flushed and they'll come up with a new stock ticker, but AAMRQ holders will get new shares. (Not sure but I think that's how they do it).