Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

UPS Hiring FQS

Old 05-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Wagon & Whale Driver
Default UPS Hiring FQS

Did you guys see this! Will UPS ever hire normal (Union) line pilots again? Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, I thought it deserved its own thread!

Company: United Parcel Service
Position: Flight Qualified Supervisor
Requisition ID: 222059599
Salary: Negotiable

Description:
Successful applicants will certify as a Flight Qualified Captain on one of the UPS fleet types.

Duties will include check airman/instructor activities for UPS crewmembers in simulator training. Line operations/Assistant Chief Pilot positions will be based on experience levels and qualifications. Potential for advancement and other Flight Operations duties exists.

Competitive compensation package.

Requirements:
- FAA ATP;
- FAA First Class Medical;
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit;
- For pilots who were not a 14 CFR Part 121 Pilot in Command (PIC) on July 31, 2013, have a minimum of 1,000 combined flight hours from the following four categories:
- Second in Command (SIC) Part 121 operations;
- PIC in operations under 14 CFR 91.1053(a)(2)(i);
- PIC in operations under 14 CFR 135.243(a)(l);
- Up to a maximum of 500 hours of military PIC time in fixed wing, multi-engine, turbine-powered, multi-crew aircraft;
Note: PIC hours in Part 121 operations do not count toward this total

- Minimum of 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop;
- Pilot in Command, per 14 CFR 1.1, means the person who:
Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
Has been designated as the pilot in command before or during the flight;
Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight;

Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited school
- 14 CFR Part 121 airline or other turbojet/turboprop instructor experience and/or airline or equivalent military management experience
- For an assignment as a Flight Training Instructor Supervisor, 4000 hours total time is required.

Note: UPS will allow military candidates to add a plus (.3) per sortie factor to flight times

Click HERE to review and apply.

Contact Name: N/A
Telephone: N/A
FAX: N/A
Email: N/A

Website: Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Default UPS Hiring FQS

This is an instructor position. If they are ramping up their training dept, it is possible hiring is on the way.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
This is an instructor position. If they are ramping up their training dept, it is possible hiring is on the way.
Wrong.....This is exactly what it says it is. They are advertising for NURP replacements and more hiring of back stabbers, 1 very junior FO has gone to the dark side and stole the left seat from a union brother and 2 GROUND INSTRUCTORS were made to check airmen (what a joke).
Old 05-15-2014, 04:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Salary is negotiable??? I thought it was tied to CA pay...NOT interested, BTW!!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Bus driver

Be cautioned! For everyone on the street thinking this offer looks good. Realize that this offer was extended to everyone on the property and they managed to get only one very junior fo to take it. The person taking this would have to be a scab at heart and care only for himself and his wallet. ONE junior fo out of 2500 pilots, think about it.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
Be cautioned! For everyone on the street thinking this offer looks good. Realize that this offer was extended to everyone on the property and they managed to get only one very junior fo to take it. The person taking this would have to be a scab at heart and care only for himself and his wallet. ONE junior fo out of 2500 pilots, think about it.
To take that job takes more than scab at heart it's actually part of their DNA.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

I just flew with a new guy at Atlas that was contacted about this. His NURP buddy's sell it to him that they are so qualified that they shouldn't have to play this silly seniority game that the rest of us pilots do. Don't worry, I consulted him on how he will be viewed in the world if he takes the job and that I pray he never needs a jumpseat on my flight if he takes it. He honestly seemed clueless that it was viewed this way.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Where's my Mai Tai?

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
His NURP buddy's sell it to him that they are so qualified that they shouldn't have to play this silly seniority game that the rest of us pilots do.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
Be cautioned! For everyone on the street thinking this offer looks good. Realize that this offer was extended to everyone on the property
Really? Everyone on the property was offered a position to serve in management? What crap. I have no idea who "nightrider" truly is, but my guess is that he/she would more than likely not be even granted an interview.

For anyone who has an interest in doing more than just flying, but wants to keep flying while further developing as a business leader with the world's largest transportation company, there is not another opportunity in aviation anywhere that compares. Besides, it pays really well.

Then again, if you are intimidated by blogging bullies that only know words like NURP and scab, I would suggest staying right where you are.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by UPSierra View Post
Really? Everyone on the property was offered a position to serve in management? What crap. I have no idea who "nightrider" truly is, but my guess is that he/she would more than likely not be even granted an interview.

For anyone who has an interest in doing more than just flying, but wants to keep flying while further developing as a business leader with the world's largest transportation company, there is not another opportunity in aviation anywhere that compares. Besides, it pays really well.

Then again, if you are intimidated by blogging bullies that only know words like NURP and scab, I would suggest staying right where you are.

Please I and everyone of my union brothers and sisters get a letter every year, I have become so disinterested I don't even bother wiping my ass with it anymore!