Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Mokulele Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:37 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by flexing View Post
Any news on future hiring? Hows the interview? Congrats btw.
The interview was pretty standard for a 135 job. Some tricky IFR questions but nothing I couldn't wrap my head around. About an hour for the interview and then we spent an hour in a redbird sim doing IFR work. They are holding classes every month so hiring is picking up again. There is also a new 1yr, $7,500 training contract. Seems most 135 airlines are going that way.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:22 PM
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by runakatuna View Post
The interview was pretty standard for a 135 job. Some tricky IFR questions but nothing I couldn't wrap my head around. About an hour for the interview and then we spent an hour in a redbird sim doing IFR work. They are holding classes every month so hiring is picking up again. There is also a new 1yr, $7,500 training contract. Seems most 135 airlines are going that way.
Are they just drawing from a stack of piled up resumes? I haven't seen them actually list an SIC position on their website in ages, maybe upward of a year. And I hear rumors that they just have mountains of apps like Boutique does (or...did, seeing as they don't seem to be doing so hot).
Old 01-30-2018, 01:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

How new? Is your class the first to have that?
Old 01-30-2018, 09:18 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Aitzero View Post
How new? Is your class the first to have that?
I am not sure when it started, but it was news to me when I interviewed.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:28 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
Are they just drawing from a stack of piled up resumes? I haven't seen them actually list an SIC position on their website in ages, maybe upward of a year. And I hear rumors that they just have mountains of apps like Boutique does (or...did, seeing as they don't seem to be doing so hot).
I'm pretty sure they are still working through the "stack" of applications. I am not sure when the application window will be open again but you can always email your documents directly to HR and they will likely add them to the pile.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:29 PM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

You mean going AWAY from it. Training contracts are bull****. It’s a federal mandate that you are trained to the companies Opspecs and curriculum or you can’t fly. Price of doing business gents, don’t let the carrot sway you. Say no to the contract and move along to another place that doesn’t have it.

DH
Old 02-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Dhood84 View Post
You mean going AWAY from it. Training contracts are bull****. It’s a federal mandate that you are trained to the companies Opspecs and curriculum or you can’t fly. Price of doing business gents, don’t let the carrot sway you. Say no to the contract and move along to another place that doesn’t have it.

DH
For what it's worth they're largely unenforceable. The only risk is them bad mouthing you when called for a work history, but many won't do that over fear of being sued.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:15 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Dhood84 View Post

DH
Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
For what it's worth they're largely unenforceable. The only risk is them bad mouthing you when called for a work history, but many won't do that over fear of being sued.
It hardly matters for a low hour F/O. Someone that needs to build 1000+ hours will be there for over a year anyway.

On a side note, why is this thread in Part 91 and Low Time and not 135?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:09 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Who’s in charge of hiring nowadays? Trying to figure out who to send a resume to.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:37 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Interview-Mokulele

Hey guys. (Not sure which section to post this in). I've got an upcoming interview with Mokulele and didn't know if someone had any tips going into the interview.
Thank you!