Opting-out of APC mobile view?

Notices
Help Forum How To | General AirlinePilotCentral Questions | Feedback

Opting-out of APC mobile view?

Old 09-18-2015, 06:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Airplane

Here's another vote for how awful the mobile site is. It needs to be sacked.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:22 AM
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
I use an iPhone to access APC. Lately the site keeps bringing me back to the mobile view even when I click on View Full Site at the bottom of the screen. It usually takes several attempts before I get the full view. Deleting history, cookies, etc. doesn't make any difference.

Is there a way to permanently opt-out of the mobile view? It's awful and I think government's "affordable" care website is more user friendly than the mobile version of APC.

So is there a way to once and for all opt-out of the mobile version of APC?

Thanks
Good to see this issue came up in February and nothing has changed. I'd offer specifics what I don't like but none of those have been heeded, so I'll just throw rocks and say the mobile site is garbage, get rid of it.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Thumbs down Another change for the worst!

When opting out of the awful mobile site you always end up with an ad right in the middle of the iPhone/iPad screen.

In the past you could click anywhere outside the ad area to close it.

No more! Now you must click on the tiny X in the upper, right corner to close the annoying advertisement box.

I guess that's yet another punishments for not using the mobile site...
Old 08-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: In LAX? PM me!
Default Thanks

Thanks All,

I have read the thread, and I'll think about this. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll get back to you, there currently are a few open issues w/ the site that are taking priority (including a few extra ads coming up for logged in users...bear w/ us)

That being said:
a) on your tablet, you should be seeing the desktop version, by default
b) the mobile version of the site has been revamped quite a bit in the past few months, give it a try and let me know

I'll look into the other options, thanks All for sharing! We have been doing quite a bit of work on the site in the past 6-12 months. Do you see that the overall direction that we have been taking (and granted, we had to take a few steps back) has provided a much better and faster site? I see a few posts dating back to 2015... that was a long time ago. Thanks All for the feedback. Nick
Old 09-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: 787 FO

You can hold down the reload site icon at the upper right corner on safari iPhone; then hit "request full site reload."

"It works when I do it."
Old 06-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Just a heads up - today there was a ‘survey’ asking me which device I was using and which device I normally use when accessing APC? I answered truthfully that I typically use an iPhone (“mobile device”).

APC better keep my ability to read these threads in a full-desktop view, even when using an iPhone. The mobile version still sucks and I’ll never use it. If it becomes my only option I’ll quit APC altogether..
Old 06-13-2018, 08:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Survey

Just a heads up - today there was a ‘survey’ asking me which device I was using and which device I normally use when accessing APC? I answered truthfully that I typically use an iPhone (“mobile device”).

APC better keep my ability to read these threads in a full-desktop view, even when using an iPhone. The mobile version still sucks and I’ll never use it. If it becomes my only option I’ll quit APC altogether..
Thank you. This is a survey that we have been running on the site for a few days to get a feel for what our users do, we have been running this survey to provide a better user experience. I will relay your feedback to the product team and I will get back to you w/ the next steps, it may happen that we need to keep running it for a few days.

I confirm that users will always be able to see the desktop version of the forums on their mobile, we have no plans of removing that functionality.

Thank you so much for participating in the survey, and for your feedback.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Nick
Old 06-14-2018, 06:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Survey is down

I confirm that we have taken the survey down, the results were very insightful for us, thanks to all who participated!

And we will communicate to the community once we plan on undertaking these types of initiatives moving forward. Thank you so much for your help and for your comment. Anything else? Please let me know.

Have a great day! Nick
Old 08-20-2018, 12:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Today I tried to log in on my iPhone and then switch to the desktop versions. Each time I tried I was taken back to the mobile site. I finally was able to switch by clicking on a help forum I’ve previously participated in (this one). Only then was I able to switch to the desktop site.

I wish you’d abandon the dreadful mobile view altogether or let us permanently opt out of it..

Originally Posted by nmarconato View Post
...I confirm that users will always be able to see the desktop version of the forums on their mobile, we have no plans of removing that functionality...
Old 07-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005

I have the opposite problem. I usually use the mobile view to read posts and switched to full mode to mark all read, and now I can't switch back! How do I switch back to mobile view?