Hiring News Latest news and rumors

AMRG

Old 08-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
Yes. I am a king air pilot with AMRG. Right now I'm trying to find another job before this company sinks from underneath me. Ben Dorman is wrecking decades of work that Joe Hunt put into this place.
Also, Mike... Please tell me that this is not your real name. You aren't the only one who reads this forum so be careful out there. Sorry, but I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone weren't against me.

Be careful out there......
Old 08-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Also, Mike... Please tell me that this is not your real name. You aren't the only one who reads this forum so be careful out there. Sorry, but I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone weren't against me.

Be careful out there......
I may be dumb but I ain't THAT dumb!
Old 10-24-2017, 01:29 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Is AMRG still doing the 14/7 schedule? or did they go to the 7/7?
Old 11-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by sethplane View Post
Is AMRG still doing the 14/7 schedule? or did they go to the 7/7?
We are on 14/14 right now for ppl who live at their base but 20/10 for commuters.

On 1/1/18 we are going to 14/7 across the board. Can't commute with that schedule so we all think that the reservation bases (kayenta, Chinle, Window rock) will all die because pilots won't tolerate 14/7. Since we commute on days off, it is realistically a 16/5 schedule. Oh, and they are going to pay us hourly and take away our tax incentivized per diem and housing reimbursement. So... pay cut.

Many of us think that Ben Dorman is purposefully crashing the company hoping that AMGH will fire him and trigger his severence clause assuming he has one. Golden parachute to safety while the company burns.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

We are on 14/14 right now for ppl who live at their base but 20/10 for commuters.

On 1/1/18 we are going to 14/7 across the board. Can't commute with that schedule so we all think that the reservation bases (kayenta, Chinle, Window rock) will all die because pilots won't tolerate 14/7. Since we commute on days off, it is realistically a 16/5 schedule. Oh, and they are going to pay us hourly and take away our tax incentivized per diem and housing reimbursement. So... pay cut.

Many of us think that Ben Dorman is purposefully crashing the company hoping that AMGH will fire him and trigger his severence clause assuming he has one. Golden parachute to safety while the company burns.
I take it that the pay will be a clock hour pay, not flight hour pay? How will that be different from a daily rate?

AMRG was no prize company to work for, Hunt still owes me 10k.

If the rez bases can't get pilots, will the flight originate from Gallup?
Old 12-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

It would seem that the leopard has retained its spots.

How shocking.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2007

I truly don't believe that Ben Dorman is doing what you say he is doing.

First, he is not that smart. He was one of the medics that at one point walked away and abandon his job back in the days before AMRG.........

Second, as you know AMRG was bought by KKR, the investing company, but KKR also bought first AMGH.

Try to analyze this for a second. Every single thing that is happening is because it's planed by KKR/AMGH. There is NO need to fire people and pay unemployment benefit for so many employees. Also it is very hard to impose new rules and procedures if they try to absorb AMRG inside AMGH. You are talking about years or complacency and underlook/lack of supervision, training and waisted of money ect.

It is all an orchestrated plan. Now the investing company can declared loss on AMRG and since they still have control of the entire operation, AMGH can come a revived the operation but not before declaring also loss for the fiscal year during reviving the operation and they only need to worry like in 2-3 year from now about reporting revenue.

No one invest on a multi-million dollar company and let a skunk bag like Ben Dorman to destroy a company while they just watch...

So don't hate the poor Ben for doing what the investing company is telling him to do.

They already save millions of dollars for 2 years on not sending pilots to the 142 school and doing the training in-house, that was money that never left their pocket.

Also I bet you that not only he have his deal set aside with AMRG but wait and see he will end working for AMGH on a later time...

Just jump out of that sinking boat. That's all I can say.

Last edited by Aspen; 12-30-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by Aspen View Post

No one invest on a multi-million dollar company and let a skunk bag like Ben Dorman to destroy a company while they just watch...

So don't hate the poor Ben for doing what the investing company is telling him to do.
Apparently something was going on that they thought Ben Dorman had something to do with.

Ben was fired and is gone. Something about a golden parachute...
Old 01-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Ironically, you don't realize how good you've got it now, compared to how it was; live in an unheated 12' trailer on a dirt runway on the rez, 24 hours on, zero off, 14 days on, followed by 14 days on, followed by 14 days on...

No perdiem. No housing reimbursement. Want time off, get someone to cover you on your dime, but they stay in your hovel. No internet. No phones. Pager. Often as not, no electricity, either...
Old 01-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: B200

I’ve noticed many new openings in Colorado and Wyoming lately for AMRG. As an air Ambo outfit that is having real difficulty finding pilots in the pay raising environment of my company, I can’t imagine finding people in a pay/benefit reduction environment. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.