Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by jules11 View Post
This is what they had us do this past Sunday at JFK. Had we actually gotten pushed back, I would've continued as planned once the conditions fell below FZRA (which it did not too long after). However, at the gate with no push crew to be found, we complied and opened up the door.
When they told me that the plan was to sit there with the door open indefinitely, I said no, we're going to deplane. They actually put up a little bit of a fight saying "ops wants everyone to remain on board." I said no, they're getting off, made the announcement to the pax myself saying I was going to have them deplane, and it was done.
Weve got memos about this somewhere. The company (edv) position is not to sharpshoot the stupid DOT rule, because faa is like honeybadger and it don't give a f. Once the jetbridge door up top is closed the pax are effectively sealed off, but there's no way to measure that time so we use door time. If at any time the pax cannot get off the plane, even if the door is open, you are holding them and it'll go against the DOT time when the pax complain to a judge.

NY was ground zero for the Jetblue Valentine's Day mascre, don't go begging for a FAA beatdown. Normally I'd say "sorry" and shrug but I'm not even sorry. Don't try to or, be talked into a technicality that won't hold up in court, you arent the first airline to try that crap. I know we are all special little snowflakes that are superpilots and part time lawyers, but you're gonna get a beat down and no one cares that "ops made me do it" sniffle. That $8 an hour guy will keep his job and do it to another crew.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by Air Stang 7 View Post
Just by $0.02 but after all the rumination between Skywest and Endeavor I finally decided on Endeavor. It really was a difficult decision because how well folks at each company like it there. I never heard anyone at either say "It's good for a regional" because "It's just good here/I really like it." Just throwing this out here for those on the bubble like I was for so long.
Originally Posted by Farmlover View Post
I would recommend this place as well but wow you're drinking the kool aid a little hard.
And if you worked this weekend you would know that we definitely aren't close to mainline.
Did mainline have to wait on hold with scheduling for 90 minutes to try to get a hotel room in New York this weekend too?
Old 02-14-2017, 04:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: CRJ 900 FO

Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
Weve got memos about this somewhere. The company (edv) position is not to sharpshoot the stupid DOT rule, because faa is like honeybadger and it don't give a f. Once the jetbridge door up top is closed the pax are effectively sealed off, but there's no way to measure that time so we use door time. If at any time the pax cannot get off the plane, even if the door is open, you are holding them and it'll go against the DOT time when the pax complain to a judge.

NY was ground zero for the Jetblue Valentine's Day mascre, don't go begging for a FAA beatdown. Normally I'd say "sorry" and shrug but I'm not even sorry. Don't try to or, be talked into a technicality that won't hold up in court, you arent the first airline to try that crap. I know we are all special little snowflakes that are superpilots and part time lawyers, but you're gonna get a beat down and no one cares that "ops made me do it" sniffle. That $8 an hour guy will keep his job and do it to another crew.
Just did a recurgent LMS on the subject. It clearly states that if still hooked up to jetbridge with pax on board the clock starts at scheduled departure time. They would still need an opportunity to de plane before the 3 hrs is up. I think NY ops sees it differently. Or they just don't want to keep moving the jetbridge. But I too would rather have the pax in the terminal waiting than on the plane.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Jkurtfly View Post
Just did a recurgent LMS on the subject. It clearly states that if still hooked up to jetbridge with pax on board the clock starts at scheduled departure time. They would still need an opportunity to de plane before the 3 hrs is up. I think NY ops sees it differently. Or they just don't want to keep moving the jetbridge. But I too would rather have the pax in the terminal waiting than on the plane.
Ah, so that's the middle ground. Clock starts at departure time, love it. The company goes out of it's way to make sure pilots understand at this company not to screw with the DOT rule even when the below wing and above wing join forces as the "make the pilots show up on the news Wonder Twins" activate to make "form of, Letter of Investigation!". The only other thing they could do is put a memo out saying;
"No matter what ramp and gate tell you, we pay your damn paycheck and we tell you how to operate. If you continue to forego all company guidance you will have that opportunity to have the ramp pay your salary. YMMV."
Old 02-14-2017, 06:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
Did mainline have to wait on hold with scheduling for 90 minutes to try to get a hotel room in New York this weekend too?
Haha maybe.
Some crews in the crew room this weekend were on hold for hours and on duty well over 16hrs trying to get a room.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Farmlover View Post
Haha maybe.
Some crews in the crew room this weekend were on hold for hours and on duty well over 16hrs trying to get a room.
Why didn't they get own rooms and expense them?
Old 02-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler

Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
Why didn't they get own rooms and expense them?
I thought they could only do that with taxis
Old 02-14-2017, 08:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

for the love of god complete your damn EFB LMS...50% of you still haven't done it yet. I bet these old crusty turds who don't give a crap ruin march 31st for us all.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Well, THIS crusty old turd did his LMS on day 1, and is enjoying using the EFB. What what?!?!

Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
for the love of god complete your damn EFB LMS...50% of you still haven't done it yet. I bet these old crusty turds who don't give a crap ruin march 31st for us all.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Line holder, barely

Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
Well, THIS crusty old turd did his LMS on day 1, and is enjoying using the EFB. What what?!?!
These young turks got nothing on us grizzled pros!!