Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 09-18-2017, 07:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by saab340driver View Post
That's correct. The flow was on the table and there was active discussion with DAL 6 months ago, however, for reasons mentioned previously it was pulled back off. However, the numbers are beginning to cause a reaction. It's funny how that works. So, as predicted, true career progression to DAL for our pilots is back on the table (as it should be). The upcoming meetings at the undisclosed location will include serious conversation on this topic, and I predict, along with quite a few others, that in the end (2018) there will be some sort of flow/staple/absorption/B-Scale to DAL. There is no doubt the landscape is changing rapidly and DAL has a vested interest in maintaining our current pilots on property. Looking forward to hearing from the MEC soon on what this will look like. The floodgates will open up when this happens and a job at 9E will be a career at DAL.
But if the flow requires the exclusion of those that took the chance to interview and were turned down, or even the exclusion of everyone currently here and only starts with a new version of the EtD deal then I'd say that would be a tough sell here....
Old 09-19-2017, 02:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by no pick-ups? Does that mean you did fly for the last year?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:08 AM
Lineholder

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Death by Powerpoint

Originally Posted by Auburngrad2007 View Post
Thanks for the response. What do you mean by no pick-ups? Does that mean you did fly for the last year?
He means that he was assigned that by scheduling and did not pick up opentime. But he is a captain, so he gets used more on reserve than a FO.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

You're talking to a CA. They typically fly more because we are short on that position.

Personally, I have credited 95 hours once in the past 6 months. That was with a pickup. The other 5 months range from 66 to 77 for credit. Just as a comparison tool for you.

Originally Posted by Auburngrad2007 View Post
Old 09-19-2017, 06:07 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
I could see them restarting the SSP again from the top, this time with only the panel interview, but not a straight flow. A staple will never happen, because ALPA will do all in its power to keep a merger from ever happening, they've done it before.
Seeing as we would be Alpo-to-Alpo, I could see how a staple wouldn't happen. Has a staple ever even been done between two alpo dog kennels?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by web500sjc View Post
He means that he was assigned that by scheduling and did not pick up opentime. But he is a captain, so he gets used more on reserve than a FO.
Yea, fo usage is significantly less than CA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 07:44 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
I think you are missing some of the point. Granted it's known as the 1500hr rule but it also mentions training standards. Which are probably as/more important than just experience alone. To argue that a 250hr pilot is better or at least equal to
A more experienced one is wrong.
No, you are missing the point. My post was in response to someone posting a link telling us to contact Congress to tell them not to lower the hours requirement. I do think there were several measures put in place as part of the same legislation, I think they should stay in place, and nowhere does it say that Congress trying to roll back those changes.

In response to your post, I absolutely agree that training is paramount, and that's what the statistics show. I would argue that a pilot with 250 hours who graduated from an AABI accredited school is a better pilot than someone with 1500 hours who went through a part 61 course at their home field and has now been teaching that course or flying for fun to build hours. Why? because I think it's not about hours, it's about quality of training.

To answer someone else's post, I wasn't a part 141 instructor, and I got my ATP before all of these changes came about.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:08 AM
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Seeing as we would be Alpo-to-Alpo, I could see how a staple wouldn't happen. Has a staple ever even been done between two alpo dog kennels?
In a merger scenario, the Delta pilots, in order to protect their seniority, would be forced to remove ALPA as their CBA. If management wants a merger, it really means they want concessions from mainline, after they get them, they shut us down, that's Comair, and ASA to some extent.

This whole flow talk, if real, may just be a ploy by management to get 6 extra seats in those new 70 seat E175's, that Skywest just bought.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

900 FO's, when you have a trip with a check airman, have you been getting bought off of that trip frequently for oe?
Old 09-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by flyhigh254 View Post
I would argue that a pilot with 250 hours who graduated from an AABI accredited school is a better pilot than someone with 1500 hours who went through a part 61 course at their home field

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk