Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: CR9 CA, FT Minivan Driver

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
So I understand this correctly, you submit your DGI application only when you’ve been a captain for 18 months, so someone who’s been a captain for say 12 monthes must wait another 6 monthes before they apply for DGI?
That's how I'm reading it. If you've been a captain for two years and was hired before January 6, 2015, you have a different path to apply than the guys who were hired after that date.

The application is simply a way of telling the company "I'm ready, send my name"
Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
So I understand this correctly, you submit your DGI application only when you’ve been a captain for 18 months, so someone who’s been a captain for say 12 monthes must wait another 6 monthes before they apply for DGI?

That would be my assumption.

For those that didnt check their email. Big news with the DGI.

• 33% of all delta hires to be DGI CJO's
  • SSP candidates get one more shot
  • 18 Months as CA instead of 24
  • 24 names per month submitted

To: All Endeavor Pilots
Russ Elander, Vice President, Operations
Subject: Enhancements to the Delta Guaranteed Interview Program
Over the past few months, leaders from Endeavor have been working with Delta Flight Ops to finalize details surrounding the Delta Guaranteed Interview (DGI) Program. The DGI places Endeavor pilots ahead of the thousands who desire to fly at Delta. Through the DGI Program, Endeavor pilots will have an opportunity to join the 780 Endeavor pilots who have already been hired at Delta during the past four years.
Today, we are sharing exciting improvements made to this exclusive hiring commitment between Endeavor and Delta. Some of the highlights of the DGI program for Endeavor pilots who are interested in participating include:
·Endeavor pilots must meet all position and hiring requirements of Delta Air Lines which can be found at https://www.deltajobs.net/pilots.htm.
oParticipants will be required to participate in Delta’s full selection process which includes testing, interview and psychological evaluation.
·We reduced the Captain flying time requirement - an Endeavor Pilot must now have only 18 months as a Captain at Endeavor versus the previous requirement of 24 months.
·We doubled the number of names to be sent to Delta each month for interviews, increasing from 12 to 24.
·Former SSP eligible Endeavor pilots who either did not participate in SSP, or who were unsuccessful with the SSP interview process, will receive one opportunity to participate in the DGI Program.
oSpecific rules surrounding former SSP pilots are outlined in the DGI Program document.
·The DGI Program includes an annual hiring commitment from Delta requiring it to offer a number of positions to Endeavor pilots holding DGI CJOs equal to 33% of Delta’s annual pilot hires, or 180 pilots per year, whichever is less.
The DGI program will provide Endeavor pilots with an opportunity to work at the most respected global airline in the industry. Your individual performance and support of the mainline customer are what makes these types of programs possible.
Thank you for all you do to support the airline, your colleagues, and the customers you fly each day.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by Casualinterest View Post
Delta requiring it to offer a number of positions to Endeavor pilots holding DGI CJOs equal to 33% of Delta’s annual pilot hires, or 180 pilots per year, whichever is less.
The 33% of delta hires which are to be Endeavor folks seems solid, but am I understanding correctly it will not exceed 180 a year? So it’s closer to 18%, given they have grabbed closer to a thousand pilots in the previous years. Still seems like good news not poo-pooing it.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:07 AM
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
Man, I'm just really stoked for my guys who didn't get through with SSP. This is a big win for those guys. Let's hope they crush it this time around!
They will get another chance after this ends too, and again, and again. This is the hiring agreement Delta always wanted, a few years ago I thought they would leverage the current SSPs to get it, but the FO SSP allowed them to get to this program ASAP.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Edgecrusher28 View Post
The 33% of delta hires which are to be Endeavor folks seems solid, but am I understanding correctly it will not exceed 180 a year? So it’s closer to 18%, given they have grabbed closer to a thousand pilots in the previous years. Still seems like good news not poo-pooing it.
The 33% or 180, whichever is less is the minimum they will hire, not the maximum
Old 05-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Q: What is the Delta hiring commitment for Endeavor Pilots?

A: The DGI Program outlines a commitment from Delta to hire Endeavor pilots into 33% of Delta’s annual pilot hires or 180 pilots per year whichever is less.

Edit:

"With due consideration to the operations and hiring needs of either Endeavor Air or Delta Air
Lines, the carriers can agree to exceed the hiring commitment defined above on an annual basis."
Old 05-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Ok this is confusing...

"Endeavor will send an average of fifteen (15) Pilots to Delta each month under the DGI program"

[15x12 = 180]

Delta will offer the lesser number of the following positions for employment to Endeavor pilots holding DGI CJOs:

[Holding DGI CJO's?? So they will offer a minimum of 180 positions to those with a job offer? This makes no sense]

i. One- third (1/3) of all available new hire positions, by calendar year;or
ii. One hundred and eighty (180) positions, by calendar year.

[So minimum of 180 will be offered positions out of the 180 names sent for a DGI? What am I missing here?]

Edit:

Endeavor will submit a minimum of twenty-four (24) eligible Pilot
names to Delta each month for interviews under the DGI program

Ok, so I partly understand...at least 24/month get interviews, at least 15/month move to Delta. So 62%
Old 05-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by Bornflying View Post
Ok this is confusing...

"Endeavor will send an average of fifteen (15) Pilots to Delta each month under the DGI program"

[15x12 = 180]

Delta will offer the lesser number of the following positions for employment to Endeavor pilots holding DGI CJOs:

[Holding DGI CJO's?? So they will offer a minimum of 180 positions to those with a job offer? This makes no sense]

[So minimum of 180 will be offered positions out of the 180 names sent for a DGI? What am I missing here?]
Old 05-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Bornflying View Post
Ok this is confusing...

[15x12 = 180]

Edit:

Endeavor will submit a minimum of twenty-four (24) eligible Pilot
names to Delta each month for interviews under the DGI program

Ok, so I partly understand...at least 24/month get interviews, at least 15/month move to Delta. So 62%
Yea they probally want the other 9 in the pool so they won't leave.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: LAV

I don't see the word "minimum" or "maximum" anywhere in the language. I do see the words "equal to," though.