Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

WheelsUp/GAMA Updated QOL/Benefits

Old 10-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: BE300, CA

Originally Posted by Shockley View Post
Got some more.

What about communication? iPad? Cell phone? Is there any reimbursement?

Jepps or NACO/NOS plates?

Ships have iPads, personal iPads may be a thing down the line.

Up to $60 reimbursement for phone IIRC.

Jepps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Update on things here?
Old 12-25-2016, 09:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: BE300, CA

Originally Posted by Goose Lives View Post
Update on things here?
Pretty much nothing has changed bennies wise. Still 8 days of vacation, paid health, 60/mo cell reimbursement, 401(k) still 50%/6% matching.

Pay has gone up at a 2%/yr clip based on a cutoff line (all pilots on property prior to x date).

It's not a bad QOL if you can live with the fact that from 0600 on day 1 to 2359 on day 8, the company owns you. They're fanatical about making sure duty/rest on the road is legal, but day 8 can get long sometimes. All in all, I'm more satisfied than dissatisfied.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Just curious about average movement time from the KA to the XL for a newhire on the KA. 2-3 years? Obviously depends on the pilot too. I know plenty of pilots who would love to fly a newish KA for the rest of their careers too.....

Any rumors about next aircraft type? I imagine there are many current XL customers who would like to fly transcon on something like a Sovereign or X too. I am still surprised that Embraer has not penetrated the market more with the Legacy 450/500 beyond 10-20 to Flexjet. Either the Legacy 450 or the Latitude would be a great addition but maybe a refurbished Sovereign or X (like the refurbished XLs) would work better.... No doubt Kenny will get a good deal.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:20 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: Hawker Captain
Default Help with GAMA

Could someone help me get a foot in the door with GAMA? I have a clean record, 9500TT 2000Jet 3 types, no failures. I work hard and I strongly feel this is a good fit for me. Please PM me.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Good Luck Humpy,
Wheels Up is a great operation. Gama might be if you can get past the 3 people responsible for hiring. Absolutely NO consideration or common sense in there hiring practices. Read earlier forums and it will give you more insight on these three .
Old 01-11-2017, 04:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Humpy View Post
Could someone help me get a foot in the door with GAMA? I have a clean record, 9500TT 2000Jet 3 types, no failures. I work hard and I strongly feel this is a good fit for me. Please PM me.
With your experience and all the opportunities out there at this time, Why would you want to work for this outfit and take there abuse. I believe they mite be doing you a favor by not calling you.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by prop1900 View Post
With your experience and all the opportunities out there at this time, Why would you want to work for this outfit and take there abuse. I believe they mite be doing you a favor by not calling you.
There abuse or their abuse?
Mite or might?

I thought Trump was only on twitter LMFAO!
Old 01-12-2017, 09:22 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
There abuse or their abuse?
Mite or might?

I thought Trump was only on twitter LMFAO!
Its President Elect Trump for a few more days and then it will be President Trump on twitter.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by prop1900 View Post
Great grammar.

Since you're obviously a current pilot for Gama, please tell me about all this abuse.