Notices

Rental Cars in ATL

Old 11-21-2015, 07:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2015
Default Rental Cars in ATL

I'm going to be down there for the next month for training. Anyone have a line on cheap rental cars? Are there off-airport places that avoid all the airport taxes? any other ideas for cheap transportation? I'm going to be staying about 20 miles south of the airport, so I need some kind of daily commuter.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2015, 07:53 PM
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Idk what the cars cost at this given moment, but, I have in my past done work arounds expensive airport car rentals. I think one time BOS was 295 a day for a compact, oh whoops, sold out, so sad for you. So I paid uber to go to a nearby enterprise and uber was 12 each way I think and the cars were in the 40s per day. So uber to your best deal if nwe'd be. If you rent from an FBO out of say pdk, they'll come pick you up from the nearby marta.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by mountainmojo View Post
I'm going to be down there for the next month for training. Anyone have a line on cheap rental cars? Are there off-airport places that avoid all the airport taxes? any other ideas for cheap transportation? I'm going to be staying about 20 miles south of the airport, so I need some kind of daily commuter.

Thanks
I was able to get a car for a few days for around $30/month using expedia. Is driving your own car to training out of the question?
Old 11-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Priceline? I didnt think to use it, curious to see if you get a better deal.

Think I ended up paying about 700 for the month, cheapest I could find last year.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by mountainmojo View Post
Posted in the other thread as well..

costcotravel.com

Cheapest (rental) cars anywhere. Worth the membership, if you don't already have one, and you'll recoup the cost of their basic membership in a single rental with the savings.