Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

Big Sky in Boston

Old 02-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Sitting down and facing front. Why would you want to know that?
Default Big Sky in Boston

Does anyone know what the new routes based out of Boston are going to be? I know the pilot base is going to be in Boston and the MX base is in Watertown, NY, but I can't find any more than that. Has anyone found a route map or even have a list of the airports that they will be serving?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

massena, watertown, ogdensburg. Maybe albany and portland me.. Might be more cities in the near future.
adios
s
Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

They'll find a way to screw it all up. I give the operation 6 months until the lack of advertising and continuous cancellations screw everything over.

Last edited by Nick; 02-13-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Sitting down and facing front. Why would you want to know that?

I have heard that the first month of flights are already sold, and they haven't started operations yet. They are already planning on the flights being sold out and are talking about putting bigger planes on the routes.

Nick, do you have anything that would back up your opinion? It is quite different from everything that I have heard from the people that would know.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Shaun, I believe Nick is a Big Sky FO who - clearly - is less than thrilled about his current position.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

I believe from what I read the EAS is for two years. They have to be there for two years unless they farm it out to Mesa. Also don't forget the DAL contract is pretty big. I just wonder how the 100+in of snow will affect the start of their ops. Not sure about KART but around there the snows deep.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by POPA View Post
Shaun, I believe Nick is a Big Sky FO who - clearly - is less than thrilled about his current position.
Sorry, not a Big Sky FO... just know a little about Big Sky's background and how they repeatadly start up somewhere and then pull out because they are too cheap to advertise they are even there. Big Sky has and will always be an EAS carrier. They are commited to EAS over passenger operations and they prove this daily during their operations and throughout the years by pulling out of profitable markets.

What airline pulls out of Great Falls, Kalispell, and Spokane when 95% of the time that airplane is filled to the ceiling with people and bags? Pocatello, Walla Walla, and Jackson Hole are soon to go also. How can United and Delta fill up 757's out of Jackson Hole and Big Sky can't put a profitable load of 10 passengers on the 1900?

Maybe this Boston crap will be a success simply because of one reason... it is EAS. This food stamp provided to Big Sky by the government is the only thing keeping Big Sky alive. As far as this bigger airplane talk, I don't believe a word of it. Why in the hell will Big Sky need bigger airplanes if they will go to Boston, not advertise, and not even come close to filling the seats on the 1900's the few times they will operate on time?

Just my $.02
Old 02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Line Holder

Position: CL-65

For what it is worth, Nick is a Big Sky CA and is one of the most competent pilots that I've ever flown with. I agree with everything Nick said. If you want something to back up his opinion, all you have to do is look at Big Sky's history. Look at what they did with their Dallas base. When your company comes to you everyday wanting more and more for less and less it begins to wear on you. Don't discount Nick's opinion because it might sound like he is disgruntled. He speaks the truth. Big Sky will suck the life out of you. 9 out of 10 Captains that I flew with at Big Sky told me to get out as soon as I could...so I did. I'm off to greener pastures.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by ShakenBake View Post
For what it is worth, Nick is a Big Sky CA and is one of the most competent pilots that I've ever flown with. I agree with everything Nick said. If you want something to back up his opinion, all you have to do is look at Big Sky's history. Look at what they did with their Dallas base. When your company comes to you everyday wanting more and more for less and less it begins to wear on you. Don't discount Nick's opinion because it might sound like he is disgruntled. He speaks the truth. Big Sky will suck the life out of you. 9 out of 10 Captains that I flew with at Big Sky told me to get out as soon as I could...so I did. I'm off to greener pastures.
I guess it turned out to be a good thing that I got turned down for a job back in July...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Line Holder

Angry

Originally Posted by POPA View Post
I guess it turned out to be a good thing that I got turned down for a job back in July...
It comes down to this, I have never worked for a company where every single pilot, ramp agent, ops manager etc... has had morale as bad as here. What company has people sending secret emails from anonymous names bashing the company about legitimate subjects that company managment refuses to address? Our company policy is "you'll like where we're going," and none of us have a freaking clue! Maybe this tactic of keeping everything secret until the last minute is to keep every single one of us from jumping ship as fast as we possibly can. Does any other airline have extra flying forms that you have to fill out whenever you fly extra trips? Ours does... and, just in case you were wondering, if you forget to fill one out the company WILL NOT compensate you for time you WORKED. Just one of the many small tactics this company uses to screw over its employees.

It's way too easy to complain about this place, and to address your comment about being turned down in July... you should be jumping for joy!!! Yes, it is a place to get a fast upgrade and most of the pilots are probably the best i'll ever fly with but the EAS BS, management BS, bigger airplane talk BS, bases everywhere in the country to spread our company as thin as it possibly could be spread BS gets old.

Somewhere, someone must have proof of dart throwing sessions at a US map in the conference room in the GO. Kinda sounds like Mesa in the works doesn't it?