Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Envoy

Old 01-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO

Originally Posted by EGL04 View Post
More flow, not in a million years. This place didn't flow more when we were over staffed
Now this is whinning. Why was ENY OVERSTUFFED?

Self inflicted amnesia, or pure disregard for 9/11, recession/economy debacle, high fuel prices, BK, recovery, AA not hiring, or miss management, which one caused the overstaffing?

If AA is hiring and NO FLOW, you nay sayers got a point that the flow does not work. But, if AA is hiring with flood gates open & approx +50% of those AA newhires are from ENY property month after month (yr after yr, when AA is hiring) then you folks are deceptively ignorant, or just egotistical. Nobody likes to be wrong.

"The flow doesn't work, the flow doesn't work." Hahah, and now that it's working, "the flow will stop, the flow will stop."

Haha. Ok. Yes when AA stops hiring and reduces hiring projections, the flow will stop. As hiring demands and retirements continue to increase, so will the "Flow" demands.

COMMON SENSE.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by SilentLurker View Post

Self inflicted amnesia, or pure disregard for 9/11, recession/economy debacle, high fuel prices, BK, recovery, AA not hiring, or miss management, which one caused the overstaffing?

If AA is hiring and NO FLOW, you nay sayers got a point that the flow does not work. But, if AA is hiring with flood gates open & approx +50% of those AA newhires are from ENY property month after month (yr after yr, when AA is hiring) then you folks are deceptively ignorant, or just egotistical. Nobody likes to be wrong.

"The flow doesn't work, the flow doesn't work." Hahah, and now that it's working, "the flow will stop, the flow will stop."

Haha. Ok. Yes when AA stops hiring and reduces hiring projections, the flow will stop. As hiring demands and retirements continue to increase, so will the "Flow" demands.

COMMON SENSE.
Very insightful post. I don't believe there is any amount of common sense you could put out here that these naysayers would ever agree with. It's always doom and gloom.

Let's keep these common sense posts coming. By and large, over 90% of the Envoy pilot group would agree with you. The 10% are here and trying everything they can to see that Envoy doesn't bring enough new hires or making people believe the flow is a fantasy.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO

Originally Posted by MD-11Loader View Post
You're either going to be at the ********** or ********

As for pre-class study, there isn't a whole lot you can do until you have access. Your indoc will be spent diving into FM1 which you will have a test on after the week finishes.
There was a time when the location of Crew Hotels were a security issue for obvious reasons, and the nature of our industry post 9/11.

I believe it still is. Excercise caution always. Even on public forum.

It's not your fault, info like this are not discussed in training or taught. It IS known common practice post 9/11 not to post or talk about location of know Crew Hotels, for many reasons, including those reasons posted by LakeHouse. Just like the military when away overseas. Many groups are looking to disrupt our nation Air transportation system any way they can. Online forums are a hotbed of information.

Have a great one bud. Don't stress or worry abt it. Now u know. Welcome aboard though.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by cr700 View Post
Very insightful post. I don't believe there is any amount of common sense you could put out here that these naysayers would ever agree with. It's always doom and gloom.

Let's keep these common sense posts coming. By and large, over 90% of the Envoy pilot group would agree with you. The 10% are here and trying everything they can to see that Envoy doesn't bring enough new hires or making people believe the flow is a fantasy.
While I agree flow is working (824 is at least). You're a douche most here aren't worried about flow, we all want normal Qol. WE ARE LAST IN QOL. YOU'RE A TROLL FOR THE COMPANY. That says enough about the type of person you are. Would any of us want to spend a day with anyone in management at this company? Hell no, so stop posting on here, we don't want to spend our little time on here with you.

10%? Get out of here, it's more like. 10% company men, 70% ****ed and putting out resumes, other 20%, waiting on flow. For tools like you, those numbers aren't exact, so to make you happy, I'll put in an error correction of +/- 3%.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Smutter View Post
While I agree flow is working (824 is at least). You're a douche most here aren't worried about flow, we all want normal Qol. WE ARE LAST IN QOL. YOU'RE A TROLL FOR THE COMPANY. That says enough about the type of person you are. Would any of us want to spend a day with anyone in management at this company? Hell no, so stop posting on here, we don't want to spend our little time on here with you.

10%? Get out of here, it's more like. 10% company men, 70% ****ed and putting out resumes, other 20%, waiting on flow. For tools like you, those numbers aren't exact, so to make you happy, I'll put in an error correction of +/- 3%.
I guess I'm not really sure where you get this opinion (not fact) about these numbers you're throwing around. Maybe the junior FO's? While guys obviously apply to DAL, UAL, AAG, and once in a while FDX/UPS; there is no where near a mad rush to join any LLC like people were when we were in shut down mode a few years ago. And even those applying to the companies above I really don't see many of them make significant efforts except the resume updates and occasional job fairs for some. I would say most everyone I know or have flown with are absolutely counting on flow...maybe I'm wrong and just don't know as many people as you though.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I believe the poster was referring to last winter, when we had over 100 reserves in each seat (last month we had less than 30/seat in ORD, for the same amount of flying), and the company still metered the flow. Perhaps he was referring to something else, but that is what I think. Anyway, we made up for that metering by flowing some over the summer when we didn't have to, and are now just above 50% for the 824 (though not for long if AA classes are as big as the rumors say).

If that was what he was referring to, then the reason for that overstaffing was not 9/11, or BK, or "miss management" (whoever she is), but just due to the company carrying out previous threats to give away flying, and their overestimation of our outside attrition as they tried to line up the timing of our shrinking fleet and our shrinking pilot group, leaving us temporarily overstaffed pretty much all of last winter (during which they metered the flow).
Old 01-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by cr700 View Post

How could you possibly know what 90% of envoy pilots think? You aren't even one of them.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by ORDinary View Post
How could you possibly know what 90% of envoy pilots think? You aren't even one of them.
He strikes me as an intern, the special one of the group, you know the one that has every answer that management wants to here. He probably even has one of those desk we all had in 2nd grade, right there in Ric's office.

Probably the same intern that couldn't figure out how to update the flip cards.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: EMJ/CA

COMMON SENSE.

Flow DEMAND has increased. Mainline wants 40/mo. Envoy management is unwilling to comply, hence 30 for Jan.

Regionals will be begging for pilots until the next economic hiccup. Until that changes, expect the minimum flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by EGL04 View Post
Flow DEMAND has increased. Mainline wants 40/mo. Envoy management is unwilling to comply, hence 30 for Jan.

Regionals will be begging for pilots until the next economic hiccup. Until that changes, expect the minimum flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since AAG owns Envoy can they just say we're taking 40? Or does that require a rewrite of the flow contract? I can't see how an increased flow isn't a win win for pilots and AA. I've been told at several interviews and events that AAG could careless if the WOs struggle for pilots.