Notices
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines

Omni Air Pilot Negotiations update

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 01:50 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: Captain

[QUOTE=Hetman;2428720]Oh, yepyep. Too easy sometimes.
Ba
Well played, KnotSee; you sucked them right in.[/QUOTE

Yeah he got us good... really? I thought the guy was honestly asking with his first question.. I had no clue people would do that for fun... it's really odd and immature.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: 767 FO

Ok. Enough attention to the troll.

How long until we can expect to hear something regarding negotiations?
Old 09-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2015

As this thread is dedicated to the contract renegotiations I wanted to see if someone can outline what the pilot group is asking for that is incremental to current contract and any thoughts on timing for the new TA to be voted on? I’m set to interview on October 5th and would like to head into the interview having a better understanding of what the current pilot group is asking for thoughts around chances these request will come to fruition.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:52 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

Originally Posted by DawnPatrol View Post
As this thread is dedicated to the contract renegotiations I wanted to see if someone can outline what the pilot group is asking for that is incremental to current contract and any thoughts on timing for the new TA to be voted on? I’m set to interview on October 5th and would like to head into the interview having a better understanding of what the current pilot group is asking for thoughts around chances these request will come to fruition.
I promise this forum will be abuzz with that information when it's given to us. So far lots of rumors of everything being moments away but haven't seen any actual statements from the company or union.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Sorry; rumor deleted.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by KnotSee View Post
I respectfully disagree with you in regards to the 76 being more marketable.

As I've never flown a heavy, what difference would it make? They would both be brand new to me.
You've no experience, but know that the 767 isn't as "marketable?" How does that work? You really wouldn't know either way.

While you may be deeply impressed with the 777 vs. 767, a recruiter and HR at the next place down the line won't care much. You wouldn't know about that, though.

Several qualified individuals flying the equipment have commented. You have no experience in either equipment, and yet choose to argue. This appears to be about what you think will impress your regional buddies. It's about your perception of appearance. That is not reality. Do you hope to market yourself to your regional pals? Are they as equally inexperienced? Doesn't seem like it takes much to impress, does it?
Old 09-15-2017, 06:14 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Default Knotsee or Nazi

Could be either

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
You've no experience, but know that the 767 isn't as "marketable?" How does that work? You really wouldn't know either way.

While you may be deeply impressed with the 777 vs. 767, a recruiter and HR at the next place down the line won't care much. You wouldn't know about that, though.

Several qualified individuals flying the equipment have commented. You have no experience in either equipment, and yet choose to argue. This appears to be about what you think will impress your regional buddies. It's about your perception of appearance. That is not reality. Do you hope to market yourself to your regional pals? Are they as equally inexperienced? Doesn't seem like it takes much to impress, does it?
Old 09-15-2017, 06:18 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Default P2P

Got the latest scoop boys and girls. Right now delay is based on our boys making sure what they are promising and what we want are the best deal for us. In other words: language.
Avoiding the ****ty stuff we get forced into now. Crippen will be meeting with our boys for 4 days next week in Tulsa.

No promises but next week should be big but don't expect a TA cause the language will need to be double checked
Old 09-15-2017, 06:57 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Thank You.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Thanks mang. Fingers crossed.