Old 06-03-2011, 06:47 PM
uspilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by JD832 View Post
I don't know if they have a training contract or not. I don't want to get caught up in that. I'm def going to go to the interview to see what they have to offer. And whether I'm offered the job or not, pilot jobs don't come and go like working at a fast food chain to where you can just jump around as you please from airline to airline. I don't what to leave a somewhat OK job for what turns out to be a bad gig somewhere else and be stuck there for several years wasting my life away and not be able to get hired somewhere else. I've heard and read of several stories of poepl who are there and are miserable living in Hong Kong. But I do understand that anything you do in this industry is a calculated risk. We'll see how it goes.

You will have a training contract for 6 years....if you leave before your 6 yrs is up you will owe them around HKG 1.2 million. I hope you do understand that SO don't fly the airplane....you will not be typed...So after 6 yrs if you want to leave you have nothing to show for it....if you are looking at CX you have to look at them as long term..around 10 yrs....the problem you will face by than is that you can live in HKG on HKG $14,000 a month housing...under the old T&C you would of be getting around $58,000 to $64,000 in housing....now you do the math...