Old 06-07-2011, 12:35 PM
FlyGirl007
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
On the contrary, it is unbelievably painfully clear that many on this board have made ZERO effort to even understand any of this. For starters, the RPC is a viable option conceived by FAPA and a handful of it's members. RPC is unequivocally NOT FAPA with a new name. RPC IS a joint "council" made up of 3 reps each from RAH and F9, most likely 3 IBT and3 FAPA. Ultimately that decision will be up to each and every one of us. Here at F9, we are quite happy with our current representation so will most certainly send 3 current FAPA reps to populate our seats on the RPC. In can't speak for "native" RAH guys but assume they would send 3 current 357 reps as well. Doesn't matter to me though. You can Micky Mouse, Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny if you want. But it would be nice if the 6, in aggregate, have the smarts and skillsets to provide a unified leadership and guidance for our (initially) separate bargaining agents (IBT357 and FAPA) as efforts are made to work with each other rather than fight. You guys just don't seem to get (or want to get) this message. Yes, we want FAPA involved in the RPC in the same way IBT357 would be. I can just about guarantee you the Frontier pilot group will vote unanimously for RPC. It will not be any louder or clearer what we think the best and healthiest option is. Ultimately, this is your decision. You are all in the drivers seat here. The big question is, after studying the RPC option, is RPC a structure that could work for us all while also starting the process of healing, rather than continuing the divisiveness. Most of us think it is a decent compromise where no body loses, we can all win.

As for the litigation, I could pretty much assume FAPA had close to 100% support from their membership on the NMB and SLI challenges. And I'll be the first to agree that these actions would rub me the wrong way if I were in your shoes, but I'm not. If we can find a way (RPC?) to work together then I am in total support of stopping these counterproductive actions and focusing on out future together. However, if forced into unwanted representation by IBT, I (and I imagine most F9 pilots) will fully support any reasonable and legal effort to further delay this entire process. Right or wrong, we see it in our best I interest to do so with our $2.2M checkbook. None of this is meant as a threat, just a realistic take on what the future looks like depending on the choices you all make in the next few weeks.

In golfing terms, we're asking you to consider "laying up" and taking the safest shot. That way you might win the tournament. Or you could just wind up with your driver and cross your fingers you don't get buried in a trap or in the pond. Again, you guys get to choose, but PLEASE don't assume an IBT victory in this election will mark the beginning of a long period of peace and prosperity.

It won't!
Forget the "golfing terms." This is nothing more than elementary playground antics (bullying). Allow me to translate this thinly veiled threat: FAPA - "We play OUR way, or we take our ball and go home."