View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by PropNWA View Post
Don't know about your first question but as to the second...

The $175 M is money that we owed regardless. All that is happening now is that we have to repay it immediately as opposed to whenever it was originally due to be paid off. Not really that big of a deal for Delta, I'd imagine.
If the interest rate is anything above ~ 8% Delta is money ahead by paying it off anyway.

Someone asked about capacity coming out of the system and hiring. They have announced DC9 retirements which are offset by MD90 acquisitions. The decision on hiring will happen once marketing tells Flight Ops what it wants to fly in Summer 2012 and beyond. Expect very late in the fall to winter quarter and then expect flow through pilots to affect the equation. Once hiring starts it should continue, unless we continue to shrink.

Someone can correct me if this is mistaken, but I believe we are planning on a smaller airline than we were after the merger and perhaps even smaller than we were (combined) post bankruptcy.