Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Mulva
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: A-320 Asst. Pilot

Originally Posted by Kaptain View Post
Tanked economy... like being home everynight......family first.... retired military wanting to be back in home town.... there are many reasons to cause those to stay at Republic more than 10 years.
Who are you to judge... everyone of is an individual with his or her needs. How dare you call anyone unhirable to unmotivated without knowing the individual!
OK, before I totally cut myself off from commenting on this specific topic let's review what I sai

And about 500 time I have tried to explain to you guys that NO ONE at Frontier feels they are "superior" to you.

Meanwhile, some of you (and Dan) chose NOT to make the same move.
Like many of my friends that still fly at regionals. I thought long and hard myself for all of the reasons that you mentioned

I won't hold that decision against you at all as I almost made it myself.
See!

Good for you guys. You and your family are probably very happy flying day trips out of Columbus or where ever making your $70K a year.
That was an honest statement. Family, QOL, not commuting are all huge considerations when deciding whether to make a move in this career.

Your decision to stay does not make my any better than you.
It really doesn't. You might be a better person than I am and almost certainly could out fly me on any given day, just ask anyone who flys with me.

you are either there because you chose to be, are unhireable, unmotivated, or simply do not yet possess the qualifications that the mainlines are looking for.
Those are the only 4 categories I could think of. Are there any others?
(1) "Chose not to" - I think most of the reasons you mentioned fall into this one.

(2) "Unhireable" - you know who these people are. Every company has them. They either burnt lots of bridges, have black eyes on their records (violations, DUI, etc.) or just kind of suck at what they do.

(3) "Unmotivated" - Just that. Not really committed to going through the process of getting a job at another airline. Comfortable enough with the way things are currently.

(4) "Unqualified" - as in not enough total time or 121PIC time to meet the qualifications of LUV, Delta, etc. Pretty much the reason that many of us spent time at a regional since we too did not possess those quals. I used SkyWest to get mine
I'm just saying it the way it is. The fact that you take such offense simply illustrates your sensitivity to the truth
What else is there to say?

And in response to this:

Who are you to judge... everyone of is an individual with his or her needs. How dare you call anyone unhirable to unmotivated without knowing the individual!
That is exactly what I'm preaching. That everyone has their reasons for making the decisions they do. And unless SkyWest and Frontier are the only 2 airlines on the planet with the specific mix of pilots within their ranks, I can only assume that every other airline also has similar mixes. That includes certain individuals that fall into categories (2) and (3).

You guys crack me up. I'm obviously never going to get the vocal 2% to admit to anything, even things that are painfully clear to just about everyone else in this industry.

TO any Legacy pilot surfing this thread, would your company have hired me in 2002 with 1700 hours TT, no types and no turbine PIC? I hope not because those number probably disqualified me for consideration until I got a few thousand more hours, a type or 2, 1000+ 121 PIC, etc. THANKFULLY A REGIONAL HIRED ME SO I COULD GET THE ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE ALLOWING ME TO MOVE ON.

I'm totally done with this discussion. It is not relevant at all to the more important things going on right now.

BTW Kaptain. Are you really flying a 737? If so, why are you even commenting on this? Do me a favor though, answer the last question about whether I was hireable at your 737 company in 2002?